Married 4 yrs in MO

Truckerlivin

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I've filled for divorce. My soon to be ex wife is claiming she will get 50% of everything I make until I die is this true? Secondly we have 2 cars and an RV she abandoned (her exact words she texted me ) the truck and trailer in California. She refuses to tell me where they are at is there anything legally I can do to get those? Can I report them stolen so I can find them? Thanks

For her to receive half of everything you make for the rest of your life would require a very specific and very rare set of circumstances.

If you filed for divorce without an attorney I suggest you correct that situation as soon as possible. If you have an attorney what did he/she say when you told them that?

My soon to be ex wife is claiming she will get 50% of everything I make until I die is this true?

Well...what she actually will get is something only someone with a working crystal ball can tell you. The notion that she might be legally entitled to that is, however, patently absurd.

Secondly we have 2 cars and an RV she abandoned (her exact words she texted me ) the truck and trailer in California. She refuses to tell me where they are at is there anything legally I can do to get those?

So...there are

- 2 cars
- An RV
- A truck
- A trailer of some sort

Correct? In any event, the answer to the question is yes.

Can I report them stolen so I can find them?

I'm always amused when I see questions like this. You don't just call the police and say, "I want to report XXX as stolen," and they'll say, "thanks," and that will be the end of that.

You can, of course, contact the police and say that you want to report one or more vehicles as stolen. The police will then ask you to describe what happened. Assuming you tell them a story that's consistent with this email, they'll tell you that the vehicles are not, in fact, stolen and ask if you have any actual police business for them to attend to. The police exist to enforce criminal laws and investigate criminal matters. Your situation is neither.

I suggest you consult with and retain the services of a local divorce attorney as soon as possible.

Well...what she actually will get is something only someone with a working crystal ball can tell you. The notion that she might be legally entitled to that is, however, patently absurd.

So...there are

- 2 cars
- An RV
- A truck
- A trailer of some sort

Correct? In any event, the answer to the question is yes.

I'm always amused when I see questions like this. You don't just call the police and say, "I want to report XXX as stolen," and they'll say, "thanks," and that will be the end of that.

You can, of course, contact the police and say that you want to report one or more vehicles as stolen. The police will then ask you to describe what happened. Assuming you tell them a story that's consistent with this email, they'll tell you that the vehicles are not, in fact, stolen and ask if you have any actual police business for them to attend to. The police exist to enforce criminal laws and investigate criminal matters. Your situation is neither.

I suggest you consult with and retain the services of a local divorce attorney as soon as possible.

Thanks appreciate the feed back

For her to receive half of everything you make for the rest of your life would require a very specific and very rare set of circumstances.

If you filed for divorce without an attorney I suggest you correct that situation as soon as possible. If you have an attorney what did he/she say when you told them that?

Thank you

I've filled for divorce. My soon to be ex wife is claiming she will get 50% of everything I make until I die is this true?

No, it isn't. Understand that you are at war and your wife is your mortal enemy. Do not believe or accept anything she tells you.

Secondly we have 2 cars and an RV she abandoned (her exact words she texted me ) the truck and trailer in California. She refuses to tell me where they are at is there anything legally I can do to get those?

Yes, there is.

Assuming you filed in Missouri and have successfully served her with the petition, unfortunately, Missouri's help page:

Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce) Forms - Petitioner (mo.gov)

Does not address that issue.

Once your wife files her response you can engage in "discovery" where you (among other things) ask that she reveal the location of those assets by serving her a set of interrogatories and requests for production.

If she still refuses, you can ask the court to cite her with contempt which could theoretically result in getting her locked up until she does produce the assets.

If you have no idea how to do any of that, then it's time you got yourself a lawyer.

No, it isn't. Understand that you are at war and your wife is your mortal enemy. Do not believe or accept anything she tells you.

Yes, there is.

Assuming you filed in Missouri and have successfully served her with the petition, unfortunately, Missouri's help page:

Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce) Forms - Petitioner (mo.gov)

Does not address that issue.

Once your wife files her response you can engage in "discovery" where you (among other things) ask that she reveal the location of those assets by serving her a set of interrogatories and requests for production.

If she still refuses, you can ask the court to cite her with contempt which could theoretically result in getting her locked up until she does produce the assets.

If you have no idea how to do any of that, then it's time you got yourself a lawyer.

Awesome thank you I'm still currently paying on all of these and the insurance

Awesome thank you I'm still currently paying on all of these and the insurance. Also a bit more info all the vehicles are still upside down.

As unpleasant the expense might be you don't want to mess up your credit and you don't want to risk somebody using the vehicles and getting into an uninsured accident.

We didn't own a home and our most expensive asset is a washer and dryer.

Then she's delusional if she thinks there is anything to get half off.

Does she work for a living?

How long have you been separated?

Any children?

As unpleasant the expense might be you don't want to mess up your credit and you don't want to risk somebody using the vehicles and getting into an uninsured accident.

Then she's delusional if she thinks there is anything to get half off.

Does she work for a living?

How long have you been separated?

Any children?
She does not work but perfectly able too no children we have been officially separated for 2 months but, I'm an otr truck driver and haven't been home since Nov. But have continued to pay all the bills

Back