Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Marijuana in food

Status
Not open for further replies.

allantwothree

My now ex girlfriend ate a cookie with special butter in it. I told her not to eat it but she had a cookie then ate another. She behaved as though she was sick and ended up ate the hospital. My question is can i be charged and is this a felony or mis or what should i do?

. . . Special Butter? I googled Special Butter, it doesn't even appear as a drug term, but I'll assume from your title you added marijuana? Why do you call marijuana "special butter"

I mean, did you say "Hey, that has special butter!"

Special butter sounds better than normal butter. . .

and it also can be inferred from your post that she was your girlfriend, but has now broken up over this. . .

Where are you located?

Wouldn't hurt to get a lawyer.

What exactly did you tell her before she ate the cookie?

On a side note.

Thanks for this post. If I ever can go back in time to, or have a mid-life crisis and start a Rock Band, one can do worse than "Special Butter."

There is a way to make a "butter" from marijuana.

In my state it would be a crime to serve adulterated food in such a way, and I suspect some crime might be able to be articulated anywhere. If nothing else, there may be a civil case to be made if it can be shown that she did not know of or agree to eat drugged food.

- Carl

Carl,

Do you think he can be charged with possesion? According to his story, he didn't want her to have it. Now, how she came into having the ability to eat it, I don't know. . .

again, sounds like a lot is missing from this interesting story.

AND who would win in a fight, Special Butter or Special Sauce?

I think right now my money is on Special Butter.

more info, first she tried the dough after i told her not to. She said that tastes like it has weed in it. I said "yep", then, after the cookies were done, she wanted one. I said, "you cant have that it has weed in it" she said "im having one anyway". I didnt hide from her, i agreed when she suggested that there was something in the dough, and i told her there was weed in the cookies before she took one. I did not slap the food from her hand. Now she sent me an email saying that the law is on her side. I told her twice not to and she has gone to the police with a totally different story. Another question is, this all happened saturday, i havent been contacted by the cops yet. When they do contact me what should i say? i dont have money for a lawyer right now, what can i do

I did not slap the food from her hand. Now she sent me an email saying that the law is on her side.
If she admitted to knowing the marijuana was present before she ate some, you might want to save those. Otherwise, if she says you encouarged her to eat one and did not tell her, you might be in trouble. Keep in mind that suing you will be easier than prosecuting you ... though you might want to unload any and all marijuana related products and paraphernalia ASAP.

When they do contact me what should i say? i dont have money for a lawyer right now, what can i do
You politely say you do not wish to talk with them. Even if your account is true, you will be confessing to a crime (possession of marijuana, etc.). If you are charged, you will be provided legal counsel at the state's expense if you are indigent and have no assets ... but ... if you have so little money, how do you have enough money to buy dope??

- Carl

What is her totally different story?

When the emt came to the house she told them i put something in her food. She never said that she chose to eat the cookies. the police came and she told them the same thing. I didnt get questioned by the cops then. However she did say that they found weed in her urine at the hospital. she called my home and spoke to my mother. She told my mother that the cops said that she doesnt have enough evidence. but she says that from conversations with the cops the are " on her side". She has never admitted to any of the authorities involved that she knew that the cookies had weed in them.

Thanks for all the info folks. everything so far has been extremely informative.

When the emt came to the house she told them i put something in her food. She never said that she chose to eat the cookies.
That bodes ill for you.

the police came and she told them the same thing. I didnt get questioned by the cops then. However she did say that they found weed in her urine at the hospital. she called my home and spoke to my mother. She told my mother that the cops said that she doesnt have enough evidence. but she says that from conversations with the cops the are " on her side". She has never admitted to any of the authorities involved that she knew that the cookies had weed in them.
I suspect that you may get lucky and the police and the DA may feel they do not have enough of a case to show that what you fed her caused the positive test or that she was an unwilling consumer. But, depending on your state and the local agency, you might expect a visit from the local dope cops.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back