Manager took pictures of personal employee files and quit

Darkinc00

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I work in a grocery store and we just had a manager put in her week notice. She then snooped through the personnel files (has our socials, address, etc) of the employees and even took a picture of at least one of them and even sent it to the girl! Then she just did show up for work after that. Her mother (who was in her last week of training as manager AND ALSO put in her week notice and didn't come back) is trying to cause problems between the employees and remaining managers. Is this legal?? Was she allowed to snoop through those files for personal use and snap pictures!? I feel like my privacy was violated.

She then snooped through the personnel files (has our socials, address, etc) of the employees and even took a picture of at least one of them and even sent it to the girl!

How is it that you know this happened?

Her mother (who was in her last week of training as manager AND ALSO put in her week notice and didn't come back) is trying to cause problems between the employees and remaining managers. Is this legal?

Is what legal? "Trying to cause problems" doesn't tell us anything about what actually was done. If you think anything in particular was illegal, you're free to report it to the police.

Was she allowed to snoop through those files

One would assume that a store manager would have access to personnel files. You chose to use the word "snoop," which carries a judgmental connotation.

and snap pictures!?

That's the only specific thing you mentioned that might be illegal.

I feel like my privacy was violated.

You're free to send her a letter (or retain an attorney to do it for you) demanding that any photos taken of documents in your file be deleted.

Back