Medical Malpractice Malpractice an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000boatman

I'm 54 years old, had a successful career prior to my twenty-one year old son's suicide death in 2001. My depression and PTSD did not permit me to do the type of work I had done previously. (Ind Mfr Sales rep/District Sales Manager) I was illegally terminated in September of 2006 with altered documents in both attendance and performance areas. (I have excellent evidence including before and after altered docs, careless duplications of data entries, many careless mistakes, etc) I retained an attorney, and the case was filed with the EEOC. It took ten long months for their investigation to take place. Then, I find that the case is dismissed for lack of evidence. I receive a copy from EEOC and discover my attorney FAILED TO SUBMIT any EVIDENCE I HAD that every document was altered and falsified. I also have evidence of destroying evidence and forgery by HR manager. The employer is an $18 billion fortune 200 company with over 13,000 employees - I meet with new attorney April 1, 2008 to discuss divorce and the discrimination suit. The attorney MISSES the filing deadlines. I do not know whether I can sue for something comparable to discrimination?? I don't like the malpractice route, but I do believe there has been serious neglect in both instances. I am totally and permanently disabled now, largely as a result of the bogus termination. What options remain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back