Maintenance Payment Expenses Covered Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr2394

Illinois. Are Fuel expenses included in the monthly maintenance payment to my spouse? Prior to his reaching driving age, i think these costs are factored in to the payment and my spouse would drive him to school, movies, etc (though we actually split his daily school drives). He recently became a legal driver and now my spouse wants to split his fuel expenses. I think they are already included but need clarification. If they are not I will gladly split his fuel expenses for school and school activities.

Are you speaking of child support? You do not have to give your spouse anything outside of child support unless the decree specifically says too. i certainly would not pay for fuel for he child, the child can get a part time job to help pay for that. Same with school activities. That is what you pay her a % of your income for.

Yes By Mtce Payment, I mean Alimony and Child Support. I think fuel expenses for my child are included in this payment to my former spouse and that I shouldn't have to pay more. I do not see anything specific in the final decree, but wish there was a list of expenses covered by this support payment that I could refer to to know for sure.

Unfortunately, you cannot demand a list of expenses. As long as you see your child's basic needs taken care of, the assumption is that the child support is being used for the purpose that was awarded.

Thanks. I meant that I wish I could get a list of the type of expenses that are covered when child support/mtce payment is calculated. Didn't mean to infer that I need my former spouse to justify how this support is spent.

Your alimony and child support should cover some of the expenses. It does not cover everything, mom needs to support the child as well. You need not give mom any extra money unless the courts order you too. Mom will probably have to make do with the money you give her. Do not let her demand more money out of you otherwise she will always ask you for it. Feel free to ignore her extra money demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back