1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Maintenance an rats

Discussion in 'Commercial Landlord & Tenant Issues' started by Brad helm, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Brad helm

Brad helm Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Georgia
    My name is brad and I have had many problems in my apartment in Terra creek in DeKalb county. Since June 6,2017 I have had power surges an I have no working appliances. Hot water heater,air conditioner, refrigerator, stove, my washer dryer doesn't work. I was told I would receive $127 off my rent after I reported a second time a week later. Now it is July 13 and nothing has been done. I am forced to eat out everyday. I have spoken with code enforcement an office management multiple times. Rat holes are all in the walls and roaches have envaded. I do not even like to sleep there. I paid half my rent to avoid eviction process. I believe the company wants me a hard working american to move out to bring in more refugees. I don't know where tty o turn. I keep getting the run around and cannot reach a corporate representative.

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

It might be easier to negotiate your way out of the lease.

Why worry yourself over who or what the landlord gets to live in their filthy units, apparently unfit for human habitation?

Negotiate your way out of this very bad deal, ASAP.

No one can help you quickly enough to make your life bearable.

Its beyond the time to get out of this filthy pigsty.

Brad helm likes this.
  3. Brad helm

Brad helm Law Topic Starter New Member

Yes you are correct and I am looking to purchase a home at this time.

4. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

I wish I were wrong.

All the best to you, and please let us know the outcome.

5. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

I'd like to assume it's been checked... But have you checked the breakers? Easy fix....