MA Housing Court Settlement - How to split judgement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoIsDBP

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
Me and my 2 roomates sued our landlord for 2000 (max allowed) of our secruity deposit and then judge said we would all be equally responcible if he found for the defendents couterclaim (which he didnt) We were awarded triple damages and court fees and intrest equalling about 6100 .. my roomates father is claimiing that because he had paid 1000 of the original 2400 security deposit that he is entiled to that percentage of the entire judgement .. i dont think that is correct .. A because of what the judge said and B because we couldnt sue for the full 2400 that would mean that we were all equally responcible for the suit, the coutersuit and the judgement .. right?.. could someone help me out with some info ... case law would be great but im finding nill

Situation:
there are 3 roomates
A's Father - payed 1000 dollars of the 2450 security (42% of the security deposit)
B - payed 725 dollars of the 2450 security ( 28% of the security deposit)
C - payed 725 dollars of the 2450 security (28% of the security deposit)

The max allowed in the suit was 2000 and only if all 3 of us were co-plaintiffs acording to the judge

Now we have won and were alwarded triple damages plus fees and interest $6100 total
A's Father is stating that he is entitled to 42% of the 6100 or $2562 dollars while myself B and C are entitled to 1708 each

Sorry for the confusion
ANY IDEAS
PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back