LOSS PREVENTION IS IT A license to Assult

Jurisdiction
California
I was desperate to end my homeless situation as my catch 22 cycle has me out of my head literally. My question is.
Do 2 wrongs make a right ??? How far is too far??? While at Walmart on Nov 30th I made a horrible decision. Which has put me in a cast and set me back further than i already was.so I'm asking for lawful advice
Can an LP grab me up pushing me into a wall chipping my shoulder (with torn rotator cuff) stuck her leg out while pushing me down to make sure she slammed me face first on the concrete ground while throwing me down she then jerked my leather bag so hard behind me. Ensuring I slammed hard.( it tore the bag down the entire purse not on Seems).all my purchased items went flying in air along with the other items un paid....don't they have insurance to cover loss. ( Not that taking things is OK) but She broke 3 of my fingers my wrist and took my breath away . I slowly got up and just stumbled to feet trying to get away as fear then sets in and I just wasn't going to let her hurt me again. I was panicking by then in fear for my life and limbs out of breath disoriented as could be. I ran through parking lot towards the bank. I don't know where I was running to as reasoning and the ability to be rational had completely fleas my mind. I even pass my vehicle forgetting I had one. For 20 to 25 minutes I felt I had a predator after me with intent to hurt me more or even kill me. I thought I was going to collapse in exhaustion and die. Or have a heart attack. Story goes on and after lying in bushes with bugs!!! crying, the manager sees me (he was there following behind walking) hold out hand to help me up says come and cooperate and he will help me. Said he won't have police come take me to jail. The holidays make people feel desperate. If I went with him to store I will not be prosecuted. Or ever allowed in that store. I
He asked if I'm ok. I told him I will be going to the emergency room when I leave the store. Offers me water first aid and doesn't allow that L.P. my brutal attacker in the office. at my request. .
Maybe I am crazy or is it I was just so
desperate to change my life situation before the holidays...Either way I'm really not a bad or criminal person and nobody deserves to be asulteds attacked bullied or beaten down .. Nor chased by any store employee.maybe loss prevention means go up to person in store and say hay maybe that's not a good decision to take items without paying so if that was my intention I am warned to stop and think putting items back . But hay this woman wanted to physically hurt me . The look in her eyes was as if she was enjoying what she did to hurt me . I don't believe she should even keep her job. How dare you!!!
My Gosh I'm a tax paying citizen cought in a tragic situation. Evicted from my home I awaited approval on disability then for social security. My state disability has exhausted. Don't know where to turn. Living in vehicle is just too much to face. I obviously made a choice of action that is something I am sorry for. They got their merchandise back undamaged.
However!!! Do u really think it necessary that i should be attacked ?
I even told her as she grabbed my waist that
I have a severely torn rotator cuff and am awaiting surgery. Please don't hurt me let me go. Your hurting me please u don't have to and boom on my face!! By LP at a southern California Walmart L.P on Nov 30th 2017

Talk to a couple lawyers in your vicinity, see if one can offer you some hope.

Visit the police or sheriff for the area where the store is located.

Tell the desk officer you wish to report a crime.

Tell the officer or deputy who investigates your story.

Ask to file a formal complaint against the person who mugged and battered you.

Merry Christmas.

Happy Hanukkah.

Yes, speak with a local personal injury lawyer. WalMart may be civilly liable for your injuries.
Did you go to the doctor afterward? Is there a medical record of your injuries that day?

While loss prevention officers can make an arrest, most stores have a hands-off policy for exactly this sort of reason. If what you describe is accurate the loss prevention officer likely used excessive force and may have committed battery against you. This is assuming you did not first make any aggressive effort to resist or flee.

If you take your complaint to law enforcement you can expect to have the shoplifting report made against you as well. Depending on the circumstances and what the store video shows the offense could be upgraded to a felony robbery. You don't want that. I suggest you speak with an attorney before contacting law enforcement, if at all.
You can proceed seeking civil damages without a crime report.
Walmart has money.... You might find an attorney willing to help you for little or nothing if the facts of your story pan out. If successful it may not be a huge payday, but would cover your medical expenses.

Can an LP grab me up pushing me into a wall chipping my shoulder (with torn rotator cuff) stuck her leg out while pushing me down to make sure she slammed me face first on the concrete ground

What were you doing in the minutes just before this happened (other than stealing something)?

When the LP approached, what did she say? What did you say? What did you do? Did you try to escape?

I suspect you are telling only part of the story in an effort to elicit sympathy.

I am a Retail Theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. There are many aspects of cases like this. 1. Is what law allows 2. What store allows. Its unlikely either the law or store permits LP to pummel you. As stated earlier discuss matter with a personal injury lawyer. This wil not likely excuse you from any wrong doing. The video below may help as well

Back