loss of job position

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexF

My wife lost her managers position over a claim that theft had occured. We quickly proved that their claim was false and rediculous, but she has yet to get anyone to completely resolve the issue. Her pay and hours were cut. Unfortunately, she wishes to remain with the company due to benefits issues.

Her supervisor told her that she would be allowed to progress back up through the ranks when a position came open, but when it did.....we found out that he gave instructions not to promote her.

What can we do to get them to restore her rights to the position that was unjustly taken away from her over a false claim that they never really had proof of? And what rights does she have to prevent the supervisor from unjustly preventing advancement due to slanderous comments made to the other managers? She stands to lose a lot of money should she quit.... due to vesting in retirement benefits built up over several years.

If anything, how do I get her to quit crying over the situation?:rolleyes:

Is there an HR department in this company? Who made the claim of theft? Was it a company employee? It is impossible to say what can or cannot be done without finding out who made the allegations and how this situation came about.
Originally posted by rexF
My wife lost her managers position over a claim that theft had occured. We quickly proved that their claim was false and rediculous, but she has yet to get anyone to completely resolve the issue. Her pay and hours were cut. Unfortunately, she wishes to remain with the company due to benefits issues.

Her supervisor told her that she would be allowed to progress back up through the ranks when a position came open, but when it did.....we found out that he gave instructions not to promote her.

What can we do to get them to restore her rights to the position that was unjustly taken away from her over a false claim that they never really had proof of? And what rights does she have to prevent the supervisor from unjustly preventing advancement due to slanderous comments made to the other managers? She stands to lose a lot of money should she quit.... due to vesting in retirement benefits built up over several years.

If anything, how do I get her to quit crying over the situation?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back