Loser ex boyfriend put me in debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryankeri

I lived with my ex boyfriend for a little under a year. Within that year we bought a plasma flat screen tv ($3000.00) and a Dell laptop ($2000.00), both in my name. When we broke up, we agreed that he would take both and pay me monthly payments until they were paid off(he even signed a contract). He paid me for about 4 months(not the full amount, by the way), then stopped paying. He sold the TV and didn't give me any of the money...I still owe $2700.00 on it. I hear from his dad that he pawned the lap top...I still owe $1600.00 on it. He also left me with the house payment. I am currently living in the house and barely making the payments(it takes almost my entire monthly income), so I don't have the money to pay on something I don't even have. Is there anything that I can do? Will taking him to small claims court get me anything, or am i screwed? Also, how do I go about taking him to small claims court?

Will taking him to small claims court get me anything, or am i screwed? Also, how do I go about taking him to small claims court?
Yes to your first question. Google small claims court for the state you are living in and file according to instructions. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back