looking for some advice on this matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

madatex

My ex husband and I had a dissolution a little over 3 years ago. We have 2 children. We had a rocky marriage to begin with. We almot split up once. But decided to try one last time. Then I got pregnant with our second child. Things never got any better, only worse. We split up when our youngest was a little over a year old. We both have different views on why we split up. We split up because he was and is a jerk, to be polite about it. However he doesnt see it that way. He tends to forget we had problems to begin with and almost split up once. He thinks that I screwed around while we were married. I was the one that LEFT HIM. My problem is this. Our children are now 9 and 6. They are constantly coming home saying that Daddy said you guys split up because you were cheating on him. This is far from the truth. I am sick and tired of him acusing me and degrading me of this and other things in front of my children. They do not need to hear any of this. I telll them that their Dad and I just didnt get along. I have confronted him with this and of course he denies it. I wouldnt have expected anything less. Is there anything that I can do legally that can make him stop?? The children are not old enough to hear that kind of talk and do not need ot hear it anyhow. I am tired of dealing with him, it gets me no where. I am ready to go further with this if possible. Please give me any advice that you may have on this matter....
Thank you

You will have to consult with an attorney to see if there is anything the courts can do to stop it. Judges don't like for parents to talk that way with the children but it's really something that's hard to stop because even if a judge orders it, he is not going to live with your ex to make sure he doesn't say it. If you have divorce papers, I would show those to your children and tell them "See, it doesn't say that I did what your Dad is saying. If we split up because of that it would say it in these papers." Tell them that he is making it up to make them feel sorry for him and turn against you. They will probably keep asking as they get older and I would just keep showing them the divorce papers over and over until they realize that he is trying to con them. If you tell them he is trying to turn them against you then maybe after a while they wont listen to him anymore.

Usually in situations like this, the former spouse files a Motion for Contempt, that is, if the Separation Agreement and/or Divorce Decree specifically states that this type of action is not allowed (which most do). If you have any ground to modify the child or alimony support, then this would be a perfect opportunity to do so as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back