looking for answers, for Tax sale property can it become a forcloser ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piequeen4

I have been living in my home for over 15 yrs. As everyone knows, times have been hard for the past 2 yrs.

There is a 1st mortgage on the property, and a 2nd, also a medical lien.
Its been a Hard time keeping the payments on time, with 1 payment missing on the 1st mortgage and a few or more payments missing on the 2nd mortgage. However the 2nd mortgage is only 14 k and the 1st is 44k the property is worth 150k Maybe ?

Now after tending to putting out the circle of fires that keep popping up around my life, this is now going on.

I live in a separate Tax district from the town, we pay a town tax which is in escrow. Then we have to pay an additional tax to our "Lake" district. I know the taxes have been delinquent on the Lake tax and there was a lien on the property for that. Now the Lake district wants to hold a Tax Sale? I found out when it was published in the news paper through friends. When I contacted the Lake tax collector she gave me a phone # to call with a name, and said he was very nice and would be willing to work out a payment plan, and the last thing he would want to do is sell my home.

When I called the phone# the person knew who i was without my telling him? Then i explained the reason for my call and wanted to pay my tax or work out a payment plan. The response i received was "Too Late" "you can pay what you like" but if your payment isn't in Full, your home will be sold in a Tax Sale". !
I then called my 401k provider and had started on getting the 3600 needed to pay the back tax.

2 weeks past and still have not had the check cleared from the 401k. Now it gets better! I phoned the 1st mortgage co. and they connect me to the Tax dept. The man i spoke to said they have No Knowledge of Taxes being owed told me they would send me something in 7 days and gave me a Case #. This was on 3/1/11, in today's Mail is a Release saying the Taxes and all fee's have been paid and the Tax sale is Canceled, and that was dated on 2/28/11.

Now after all that and i apologize for my length in the story. My question is Who paid for my taxes after going threw all the agony and selling stock in 401k to keep my home, not too mention stress.

It says on the release that the Core Logistic Tax Service Paid my taxes?
Well who are they? My worry is that they are going to turn around and tell me i have to pay double of what i owed ? The release says nothing of the 1st or 2nd lien holders ? Is this what happens when you owe back taxes and don't pay 1 month after the 1st publication in a news paper ?

Feel like this has all been done under my nose, by an unethical, sneaky, scam artist lawyer !:mad:

People pay back taxes all the time.
They fancy themselves as "investors".
After they've paid the taxes, they slap a lien against your home.
Then they try to get you to pay off the lien.
Their purpose is to turn a profit.
If they pay $1,000, they might try to "con" or "scare" $2,000 out of you.
They don't own your home.
In most states they can't foreclose against your home.

You could speak with a CT lawyer about this outfit.
I Googled their name, and nothing came back.
Perhaps you typed it incorrectly.
Or, speak with your tax collector about who these people are.

Either way, I suspect they'll be in touch with you REAL soon!

Sorry that name of the company is Core Logic Tax Services and i have looked it up but it really doesn't give a lot of information.

Wondering if anyone has ever had the pleasure of dealing with them.

Also still wondering how or why the lawyer involved for the tax collector would let a company unknown to the 1st or 2nd lien holder just go ahead and pay my tax bill ? unless that was the plan all along, and that is why he told me it was too late to make any other arrangement. This all happened in a 2 week period, and when i did speak to the lawyer, it was known to him that day my intention to pay my debt with a 401k disbursement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back