Living Trust Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidus

My father has a living trust. The executor is my brother, the trustee is his best friend. The trust was written up and my sister and myself read it.
We did not sign that day., as it had to be typed up. At a later time we were called in to sign it. We did not realize until sometime after when we were given the actual copies that my brother & the executor had added clauses to it. The major clause gave the trustee the right to do anything she want's without consulting anyone else. She is obviously not doing what is in the best interest of my father.
Is there any way my sister and I can fight this ?

You can certainly fight it. Do you have copies of what you thought you signed such as drafts? I assume these were written and you didn't what "needed to be typed up" - am I correct? Is there a reason you didn't read what you ultimately signed? Have you confronted your sister on this? You may want to do so in writing. However, the burden appears to be on you to prove fraud, which is what this might be. It would certainly help if all three of you agreed that what you signed was not what you were presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back