Living arrangements in the state of Alabama

Kwilson

Jurisdiction
Alabama
My question is concerning the Parents right on a pregnant 17 year old in Alabama.
The 17 y/o is in high school and is a senior this coming up year and they have been dating for almost a year. The boyfriend just graduated high school but is still 17. He has an out of town job and only gets off days on the weekends and holidays so he makes pretty good money. He is also renting a place to live. Does her parents have any say so in her living arrangements?

The parents of the minors have a say in where THEIR child goes and what THEIR child does.
The parents DO NOT have the same control over the grandchild, although naturally one will go with the other.
The father of the child and his family are not even factors to consider regarding the baby unless the two marry before the child is born.

Being a pregnant minor does not grant her any rights over a non-pregnant minor. Her parents not only have a say in her living arrangements, they have the only say in her living arrangements. As long as she is under the age of 19 (it's Alabama), she lives where her parents say she lives. She's not living with her out of town boyfriend unless her parents say so. If they say she lives at home, she lives at home.

Does her parents have any say so in her living arrangements?

The age of majority in Alabama is 19, so until the child reaches that age, she is required to live where her parents say.

Are you the girl who got knocked up or the guy who knocked her up?

The age of majority in Alabama is 19, so until the child reaches that age, she is required to live where her parents say.

Are you the girl who got knocked up or the guy who knocked her up?
I'm actually just a family member trying to figure things out on my own

So, in truth, none of this is your business, you are just being nosy and gossiping about the family member's plight across the interwebs. Got it. o_O

Regardless of who you are the answer remains the same. She is under the age of majority; her parents have 100% say over where she lives. In Alabama, the age of consent is 19. She can go anywhere she likes when she's 19. Until then, Mom and Dad are the only ones who have a say. Getting pregnant shows that she needs more parental supervision, not less, and does not in any way, shape or form give her the right to move out. Is that clear enough?

My question is concerning the Parents right on a pregnant 17 year old in Alabama.
The 17 y/o is in high school and is a senior this coming up year and they have been dating for almost a year. The boyfriend just graduated high school but is still 17. He has an out of town job and only gets off days on the weekends and holidays so he makes pretty good money. He is also renting a place to live. Does her parents have any say so in her living arrangements?

I'm going to assume you're the boyfriend...you have no control over your girlfriend at all. Until she's (edit) 19 her parents say who she does or doesn't see and where she lives. Now the child when born, they have no control over nor do you as an unmarried male until you establish your paternity through the court.

Even if you aren't the boyfriend - that's what happens. Unmarried males have zero rights to children born out of a marriage unless they establish those rights. Until the girl is an adult, her parents control where she lives. It's that simple.

Maybe you should just stay out of it because getting into these things will lead to nothing but trouble and drama.

Unless your an involved party like the teen Mom teen /dad or parent of either its best to stay out of this. It snot your issue to resolves and any involvement you have will likely harm what relationship you have with all parties. You can be supportive but you should stay out of this,

I'm actually just a family member trying to figure things out on my own

Are you at least 21 years of age?

Have you ever done illicit things with ANY minor?

Back