Lingering smell of alcohol

F

Freddieruss

Jurisdiction
Georgia
My friend was murdered. We had an emergency work meeting on a Sunday about it. The next morning Monday, my boss said I smelled of alcohol and sent me to be tested, it came back 0.0, and I am on administrative leave right now pending a drug test. I have not used drugs.

My friend was murdered. We had an emergency work meeting on a Sunday about it. The next morning Monday, my boss said I smelled of alcohol and sent me to be tested, it came back 0.0, and I am on administrative leave right now pending a drug test. I have not used drugs.

If what you say is true you have nothing to worry about.

I am so sorry, but agree with AJ --- hopefully nothing will come back and they will be understanding of your grief!

The odor can come from using certain mouthwashes.
The odor can come from certain cough drops or mints.
Alcohol has no odor.
Wise police officers know not to say that he or she noticed the "smell of alcohol emanating from the suspect's mouth".
That said, I agree with hrforme, and offer the OP my condolences upon the passing of his/her friend, too.
I lost a good high school friend to an unsolved murder, too.
Ronnie was found beaten to death one morning lying face down, bloodied on the Main St. of my sleepy little 300 person hometown.
To this day, the murder remains unsolved.

Back