life insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

greencar1234

my dad died on dec of 2003. My half sister is the executor of his estate (which she found out was only 10,000). ( 1). I signed the bill for the funeral because dad told me to handle everything. I did not provide anything but my signature(no ss # or such). Am I responsible for the bill or the executor??? (2) My crazed sister is telling me that she is going to sue me if I do not provide her with the names and policy numbers of the life insurance that I am the sole beneficary on?!!! The insurance has nothing to do with the estate(right)? Second that is private information that is none of her business??...atl. ga

my dad died on dec of 2003. My half sister is the executor of his estate (which she found out was only 10,000). ( 1). I signed the bill for the funeral because dad told me to handle everything. I did not provide anything but my signature(no ss # or such). Am I responsible for the bill or the executor???

The estate is responsible for the funeral expense. Notify the funeral home of your sister's address and have them forward the invoice to her. You probably should check the probate court to be sure she has filed for probate and is the executor. Just because she says she is does not mean that she is really the executor.

(2) My crazed sister is telling me that she is going to sue me if I do not provide her with the names and policy numbers of the life insurance that I am the sole beneficary on?!!! The insurance has nothing to do with the estate(right)? Second that is private information that is none of her business

Tell her to take a 200 ft. bungee jump with a 300 ft. rope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back