libel and slander lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous_Mom

What type of attorney should I find to begin a lawsuit against a newspaper for libel and slander regarding my missing daughter, and myself? And if that is to be avoided, then a lawsuit against law enforcement.

Last edited:
Start with one of the personal injury attorneys in your area. I'm sure there are plenty of ads.

Your case would be a libel case (slander is spoken word.) If I may, what types of things did they print?

This is a very difficult and delicate situation that involves possible kidnapping, murder, etc., by someone in law enforcement, and thus, I have reservations about giving out too many details online, as it could put my family and myself in danger. The newspaper I am referring to has stated that their 'sources' state..etc., criminal acts regarding my missing daughter that simply aren't true, as well as statements regarding me that simply aren't true. This was, by the way, authored by yet another law enforcement officer other than the one I feel abducted my daughter...and I have proof. Therefore, it is a libel suit, and perhaps then some.

Last edited:
OK, N'uff said. Get a lawyer.

However, you may not be sueing the paper. If it was a reporter that actually wrote the items that were said, then you would sue the paper.

If, however, the things written were something the other officer said, then the suit would be against the officer as the paper is only quoting what he said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back