Lemon Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack5270

i was wondering about the lemon law, i just sold my 2001 jeep to a person, they did not test drive it, pop the hood, just started it, i told them of the 2 problems it had, cracked bumper and bad hub, she took it to a muffeler man and he said that some codes were deleted of a chip to not through a light, also she said there is electrical probles, i was really not aware of a electrical problem, and i had the mufferer removed and a strait pipe from the cat back, she sent me a nasty email saying she was going to sue me, i did look at the reciete i wrote up, and i did not right "as is" on it, so my question is can i be held reliable,

Im new to this from and thanks for any ones help
pat

The lemon law is for brand new cars--- all cars that are sold are "AS IS" Most os the states Bill of Sales state this-- I would not worry about it-- she should have done her research on the car before she bought it.

I would not worry about it. she was stupid to not test drive or anything, Used cars are as is.

I realize this post is not timely- however, I think the topic should not end by misinforming readers.

In response to Theresagail-

In California, if a used car is purchased where the manufacturer's warranty is still in effect, or if the vehicle comes with a dealer's warranty as noted on the "Buyer's Guide" (not a service contract or insurance policy), then a used vehicle may still be covered under the lemon law.

This of course may vary from state to state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back