Legal Options??

Status
Not open for further replies.

scryer

After trying to cosign for my kids mother unsuccessfully, I financed a vehicle for her in my name. This was in Feb 2013. We had an agreement notarized stating she would be fully responsible for the car note at that time. The understanding was she would get the car financed within 6 months. The time has passed and the car is still in my name. Up until January, she paid the note and insurance on time (insurance in my name, I added her to my policy) she has not paid the note for January so I had too. I have told her that due to her income loss and inability to pay the note, I want the car back. After hearing this, she fled. I am now stuck with the note and insurance. What can I do legally to get the car back???? I don't wont to ruin my credit. I called police and they say its a civil issue. Help please.

Legally, OP, the car is yours. You could have it repoed by paying a repo firm. Or, you could find the car on public property and snatch it. Some might say, you could even risk taking it off her property. If, however, she lives in an apartment, that property isn't her private property.

I say the above, ONLY IF, things are as you say; EVERYTHING IS IN YOUR NAME ONLY!

Legally, OP, the car is yours. You could have it repoed by paying a repo firm. Or, you could find the car on public property and snatch it. Some might say, you could even risk taking it off her property. If, however, she lives in an apartment, that property isn't her private property.

I say the above, ONLY IF, things are as you say; EVERYTHING IS IN YOUR NAME ONLY!

I didn't realize abt the repo thing. Thank you and YES the car is totally I n my name

I snatched one of mine back in Texas from the street several decades ago. You cannot breach the peace or trespass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back