Legal Issues Hiring Virtual Overseas Workers for Cybersecurity?

egrizzly

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hi all,

I'm a cybersecurity entrepreneur and I often get inundated with talk that theirs's a shortage of cybersecurity workers. Since I hire a lot of overseas virtual workers to do web design for local small businesses here begs the question:

Are there any legal reasons that prevent the hiring of virtual cyber security workers to conduct questionnaire based cyber security audits, write security policies, or provide security awareness training, etc. for domestic businesses physically within the United States?

Are there any legal reasons that prevent the hiring of virtual cyber security workers to conduct questionnaire based cyber security audits, write security policies, or provide security awareness training, etc. for domestic businesses physically within the United States?

Yes, there are many prohibitions against foreign nationals accessing certain data related to US citizens and US corporate entities.

Hi all,

In some circumstances, yes. Because the details of what you do matter, I strongly urge you consult an attorney familiar with national security, cyber security, and privacy laws.

Back