1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Legal Issues Hiring Virtual Overseas Workers for Cybersecurity?

Discussion in 'Independent Contractors & Consultants' started by egrizzly, Dec 4, 2020.

1. egrizzly

egrizzly Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Texas
    Hi all,

I'm a cybersecurity entrepreneur and I often get inundated with talk that theirs's a shortage of cybersecurity workers. Since I hire a lot of overseas virtual workers to do web design for local small businesses here begs the question:

Are there any legal reasons that prevent the hiring of virtual cyber security workers to conduct questionnaire based cyber security audits, write security policies, or provide security awareness training, etc. for domestic businesses physically within the United States?

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Yes, there are many prohibitions against foreign nationals accessing certain data related to US citizens and US corporate entities.

hrforme likes this.
  3. Tax Counsel

Tax Counsel Well-Known Member

In some circumstances, yes. Because the details of what you do matter, I strongly urge you consult an attorney familiar with national security, cyber security, and privacy laws.