Legal Contract/Agreement Help

lacofdsquad51

Jurisdiction
Maine
How can I protect myself in a contract for alleged misconduct that was never proven? An agency I was contracted with and one day may contract with again made some allegations that I broke some rules, which I didn't. However, they did break the law and admitted it. They are willing to sign an agreement stating they broke the law and that I would be free to contract with them in the future. My question is: how can I word the agreement that says they can't use the unverified and alleged misconduct that they have against me if I want to contract with them in the future? They have nothing but hearsay and no prove facts that say otherwise. What legal terms, clauses, etc., should be used? Thank you so much for being so helpful!!

A relationship once ended is akin to soured milk.

You can cook with soured milk, but you can't drink it.

When partners/collaborators have parted, its best never to reunite.

My question is: how can I word the agreement that says they can't use the unverified and alleged misconduct that they have against me if I want to contract with them in the future?

Forget about ever working for them again. No matter what you put in the contract it isn't likely to help you at any future time.

Besides, why would you want to deal with the same company later that screwed you now? Seems pretty foolish to me.

My question is: how can I word the agreement that says they can't use the unverified and alleged misconduct that they have against me if I want to contract with them in the future?

That requires specific legal advice, something we cannot provide here. You need to consult a lawyer in your state who can discuss the details of your situation with you and what you want to achieve and then draft an agreement for you.

How can I protect myself in a contract for alleged misconduct that was never proven?

This is an absolutely impossible question to answer in the abstract.

An agency I was contracted with and one day may contract with again made some allegations that I broke some rules, which I didn't.

What sort of agency? Contracted to do what? What allegations? What rules? To whom were the allegations made?

They are willing to sign an agreement stating they broke the law and that I would be free to contract with them in the future.

"They"? Meaning the agency? What law? What are you agreeing to do as part of this "agreement"?

There's no way anyone here could possibly have the slightest idea. Also, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the "Legal Disclaimer."

Back