Legal assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonny

Would it be wise to hire a legal assistant that works in a family law firm to help me privately prepare for court and answer questions I have.. Are there companies that can recommend certain ones to me?

Are you talking about a pare-legal?

You have several posts on here. first and foremost, stop paying your wife money if it is not court ordered. Both of you have equal rights to the kids unless a court says otherwise.

Have you talked to an attorney at all? You can see if one will give you a free, or low cost consultation on the best way to approach this.

Many family courts offer mediation as well, is your wife willing to do this?

A paralegal is not licensed to practice law, but they generally do work under the direction of a licensed attorney.

This is not legal advice I am giving you, it is what I would do if I were you.

I have an ex-wife that is taking me back to court and a currant wife that we are going through divorce, I have an attorney for the currant divorce but none for the ex. I am very frustrated with currant case because I don't get strait answers from my attorney so I turn to this site for help. I would love to hire a different attorney and have contacted some others, my response from them has been "well in the real world of family law, I don't think what you are asking is possible and I will take your case but I need a retainer of $ 10,000.00". I have already spent $8,500 on an attorney that said he could help me, I don't think I want to spend money on any that don't think they can do anything. I had to borrow the money to pay attorney fees, I don't know what to do. I feel so discriminated against because I am a man. I need help but don't know where to turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back