leaving the home

Status
Not open for further replies.

finny22491

I am a 16 year old father and want to be there for my little girl and my parents are not vary soupportiv and dont like my little girls mother and i cant see my daughter with out her bein around because i dont know what im doin and my mom is a control freak evane my daughter is 7 weeks old and iv seen her 3 times i have wanted to be emancipated for a long time and dont know what i can do to get that because my mom wont let my leave i would have to fight it in court i would appriceat addvice thanks

You didn't name your state and emancipation laws are state specific.

However, no matter what state you're in, the chances that a 16 year old parent whose own parents do not approve of his leaving home, and who does not mention how he plans to support himself while still going to school and does not mention where he plans to live, will succeed in convincing a judge that emancipation is in his best interest are pretty much limited to slim and none.

franklin county PA and i have a place to stay with my dughters mother and i hav a few job intervews set up and i wouldn be doin any of this till im 17 in apirl so i should have thigs worked out be then and thats y i am doin this to get all the info i can bout what i gotta do

Emancipation is not a solution to your issue. First off the chances of being successful are barely above zero. Legally no one can keep you from your child. However your parents can keep you from others. Perhaps if the Mother to your child dropped off child with you while parent shome would suffice. Next step coulde be court ordered visitation if courts rule in favor of visitation and they will. Your parents cannot get in way without being in contempt

iv had other problems at my home and i am not comfortable with her there around that kinda enviroment iv been hopitalised for a major concussion from gettin into a fight with my step father and it is a vary hostil enviroment

and i would like not to involve the courts if there is a way to get past this because i have been in the middle of this kinda thing sence i was 9 and its a horable thing to have to deal with

Last edited:
If your step-father assulted you then call CPS or the police.

that happened a while back and we called the cops and they said it was cappital punisment or something cops around hear are drug addicts and they dont do anything at least thats what iv seen but mhats the best option for my dughter

and i cant get to the court house my mom wont let me take any control
and i have no idea what im doin with that kind thing im always on the other end i was locked up when she got preg for runnin away

Okay, pay attention please.

You are not going to get emancipated. Emancipation will not solve the problem with your stepfather and it will not get you closer to your daughter.

It is only in the very most exceptional of circumstances that a minor can be emancipated. It does not happen because they have a bad home life or because they could not keep their pants zipped and produced a child when they haven't even graduated from high school.

Emancipation, on the rare occasions that it happens, occurs when a minor has already demonstrated exceptional maturity AND ability to provide for themselves. Nothing you have posted suggests that you fall into either category.

Continuing to post but-what-if is not going to change the answer.

You've been given a solution. I realize it's not the solution you want but the solution you want is not going to happen.

all i ask is whats the best option for her i would like not to go to court with my mother cus it wont matter what i have to say and as for the smart ass comment i would reall appreaciat no more of it i get enuf every where i go and i just would like to get all the help i can

Then go to another legal website and get same answers! Nothing is going to change. You got solutions use them or ignore them its your choice

It's laudable of you to want the best option for your daughter but that does not change the fact that you are not a candidate for emancipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back