leaky roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooky

Six months ago hired someone to fix a leak on a torch down roof. It is leaking where i had an addition added on about 9 years ago. Still leaking. On the contract it says he will put on flashing and replace plywood where needed. I had a different roofer take a look at his work.

No flashing, assuming no plywood. If anything i have a written statement from the second roofer that the work done to my roof is 'sloppy' 'unprofessional'.

I plan on going to small claims, what will the judge rule? Never been to small claims before, don't know what to expect.

Do i have a right, even six months later to ask this roofer for a receipt on the material used? He charged me $600 and the second roofer said he not spent $150 on material. Thanks!

You can file a claim in small claims and request that he present detailed evidence of what he spent to perform the work. As far as what will the judge rule, that no one knows since we don't have information regarding what the party you are going to sue is going to present in court to support his/her case.

Filed Small Claims

I filed small claims on the 'roofer'. Small claims claim they cannot find him. I provided the name and address from my contract. Now i lost $87,lol. Where do i go from here, i have his license plate number because he does come into the restaurant where i work (can you believe the audacity?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back