Law School No Longer a Ticket to Riches and Wealth!!!

army judge

Super Moderator
I had no financial debt when I graduated from law school.
I did, however, owe three more years of military service.
That was not a problem, as my goal was to retire after 30 years or more.

I feel today's law school graduate's financial pain, but this too could pass.
You can work your way out of debt, people.

Law School Loses Luster as Debts Mount and Salaries Stagnate

It may just be that law schools are churning out way too many lawyers. Supply is exceeding demand.

I seem to recall that 30 or 40 years ago the same thing happened to engineers.

No higher education guarantees any amount of money or success these days. Too many schools and online degree mills have devalued the experience. Both my Bachelors and Graduate degrees are paid for but if I had to do it these days then I would have used the government to pay for it via the services.

Hard work, determination and persistence is what gets you to success a degree(s) can open doors though. In that regards they are worth it as long as you pick a field you enjoy doing.

I would agree there are an over abundance of attorneys. Only around 5-10% are worth anything and gaining the experience necessary for judgeship or higher attorney positions usually requires a family name or some sort of recognition. Weird how bad attorneys end up as Prosecutors, Judges and the such. Sometimes being in the right place at the right time works well in the Lawyer profession.

No higher education guarantees any amount of money or success these days. Too many schools and online degree mills have devalued the experience. Both my Bachelors and Graduate degrees are paid for but if I had to do it these days then I would have used the government to pay for it via the services.

Hard work, determination and persistence is what gets you to success a degree(s) can open doors though. In that regards they are worth it as long as you pick a field you enjoy doing.

I would agree there are an over abundance of attorneys. Only around 5-10% are worth anything and gaining the experience necessary for judgeship or higher attorney positions usually requires a family name or some sort of recognition. Weird how bad attorneys end up as Prosecutors, Judges and the such. Sometimes being in the right place at the right time works well in the Lawyer profession.
Curious...what are your degrees in?

Curious...what are your degrees in?

Guess, I was trying to figure out which would of you all would ask first.

Engineering and Business

History and Political Science

one is correct, one is not. Up to you to figure out which that is. If you are also curious i graduated with over a 3.75 GPA. Also if you are additionally curious I had classmates that got their bachelors with barely over 2.0s and they now hold very prestigious jobs with companies. Which makes me scratch my head even more. So, it is what you do with what you have rather than how smart you are and expecting someone to give you something.

being in the right place at the right time works well in the Lawyer profession.

Most of what you achieve in life I attribute to preparation, perseverance, industriousness, personality, knowledge, communication, diligence, and LUCK.

Everything, good or bad that has happened to me in my life, I attribute to being at the right time and the right place.

Some call that destiny.

Influence, cache, and your family name has some impact; but you can diminish (as in dissolve) that by your actions.

Back