"Last and Final Warning"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittaykat

Hi,

This is my first post. I am a Supervisor at mid/large size company. I work the shift with 2 other Supervisors. Of all things, myself and the other guy have had a dispute over Fantasy Football. I posted a comment to him on the Yahoo Fantasy Page. Well, he forwarded the comment to people at work and now I have received a final warning at work. I have never even had a verbal warning. Meanwhile, he called me from work cursing and cussing me out at home. Then called several more times that I didn't answer. How can a totally non-work issue be turned into this? Legally, can I be disciplined and possibly fired for making a comment on the Yahoo Fantasy Football Website?

How can it come to this? The two of your are letting something in your non-work life affect your working relationships. Yes, you can be legally disciplined or fired for this.

He brought it in to work, not me. Him calling me at my home from work cursing and calling me obscene names is harassment. My Employer is aware of this. They aren't obligated to do something about this?

No, your employer is not obligated to do anything about it. They can, and I'm a little surprised they aren't. But it doesn't matter who started it or who brought it into the workplace - you're both involved. If your boss wants to fire you about it and his boss doesn't want to fire him about it, that's a shame but it's not illegal.

We both have the same Boss. I don't feel like I am being treated the same as he is. Is there basically nothing I can do at this point? He violated policies in the Handbook by calling me from work and saying what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back