Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Larceny

• Thread Starter Retired Military Spouse
  • Start date
R

Retired Military Spouse

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I was on Fort Bragg in the PX. I was shopping with my kids. I had picked out 2 things of eye liner they were in my hand & my phone was on top of the items because I was talking to my husband. Now without thinking I put my phone & the eye liner in my purse. Honestly I wasn't thinking about what was going on my purse. I went looking for my boys because they left my side & even though they are 16 & 17 I was still worried about why they left my side. I finally find them we continue shopping & I remembered that my husband wanted me to get toothpaste. We get to the cash register I spent a total of $80 . On my way out I get stopped by this woman who works for the PX & tells me I need to go with her into this office. I say no because I did nothing wrong. I eventually go with her & I start looking through my bags & then my purse. When I pull out my phone I see the eye liner & I say out loud Crap....I totally forgot about it. I told her 5x's I would pay for it. The MPS come get her statement, the receipt of the eye liner, & the videotape. I was never shown the videotape, I was taken to the PMO where I was fingerprinted & they took my DNA. Why my DNA? They read my rights & I chose to not make a statement or let them question me. What could a lawyer do?

I was on Fort Bragg in the PX. I was shopping with my kids. I had picked out 2 things of eye liner they were in my hand & my phone was on top of the items because I was talking to my husband. Now without thinking I put my phone & the eye liner in my purse. Honestly I wasn't thinking about what was going on my purse. I went looking for my boys because they left my side & even though they are 16 & 17 I was still worried about why they left my side. I finally find them we continue shopping & I remembered that my husband wanted me to get toothpaste. We get to the cash register I spent a total of $80 . On my way out I get stopped by this woman who works for the PX & tells me I need to go with her into this office. I say no because I did nothing wrong. I eventually go with her & I start looking through my bags & then my purse. When I pull out my phone I see the eye liner & I say out loud Crap....I totally forgot about it. I told her 5x's I would pay for it. The MPS come get her statement, the receipt of the eye liner, & the videotape. I was never shown the videotape, I was taken to the PMO where I was fingerprinted & they took my DNA. Why my DNA? They read my rights & I chose to not make a statement or let them question me. What could a lawyer do?

All you can do is plead not guilty, admit to nothing, explain nothing (unlike what you did here), confess to nothing, and request the federal magistrate appoint a public defender to assist you through the troubling days ahead.

While you wait, stop discussing this, ask no more questions about it, wait to meet with your lawyer.

You've already diminished, or damaged your defense, so wait until you meet with YOUR lawyer.

Accidental shoplifting, or mistaken placement never works to assist you.
Now you wait for Lady Justice to judge you.

Back