Eviction Notice LANDLORD threatning to file eviction on june 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj32901

landlord threatned to file with an attorney for eviction? what the process? i am SOOO scared. ok yes i have been paying my rent late wit h(100 dollar late fees added on to my not worth it for what im getting rent--besides the point) but they have been giving me the extensions and i always pay the extensions on time. however...those late fees for about 3 months i havent been able to pay and been promising to get them squared away as soon as i had the cash. today i called and the lord states that either i pay the money or give the keys because it going to the attorney monday". My question is, how does this process work. ill have the FULL amount (late fees to) by the 19th but if they already file then its up to the courts is what shes saying and then i would have to pay them and blah blah. this place is so lackadaisal i have yet to get a copy of my lease for 2 years but they threatning to evict me when even though late my rent is PAID. i dont know what to do. could she be bluffing? (god i hope so) or can i just pay somebody on the 19th and keep my apt. i dont what to do, im like beside myself.
i just want to add that my rent is only FIVE days late!! i swear and the place aint HARDLY worth it (its falling apart by the beams)but its all i can afford and with my crdt its about the best i can do.

The process of eviction typically starts with what is known as a Pay or Quit notice to the tenant giving them a certain number of days to remedy the situation (in this case pay what you owe or "quit"...move out of the rental unit).

If not remedied the landlord/management then files for the actual eviction through the court system and the process is taken over by them. You would be notified of a court hearing and if you respond (and it would make sense that you would) you would present your side as to whether the eviction should or should not be granted. I'd suggest you show up for the hearing with the rent AND the late fees AND the court costs IN CASH as a good faith gesture that yes, you do plan on paying this rent and that the eviction should not be granted.

Good luck. And please quit complaining about the condition of the rental unit. It appears from your posting that your own credit is so bad that this rental unit is the best you can do. Who got themselves in the pickle with the bad credit in the first place?

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back