Consumer Law, Warranties Kirby Company rejected return

Carlos

Jurisdiction
California
Hello everyone. Just a few weeks ago, a Kirby salesman came home to show his "magic" vacuum. We ended up buying the vacuum because we felt it was worth it. Just 2 days later, I called the salesman to tell him I didn't want the vacuum anymore and that he had played with me. We agreed on monthly payments, however, we were charged the whole amount. Anyway, I told him I wanted to return it but he never came back or called back. When we called him he said that he didn't know we wanted to return the vacuum and that we could no longer do it because it was already one week past the 3-day return period. I had a bad feeling about this issue so, on the 2nd day of the return period I messaged the company FROM their webpage (no email proof). I told him so and he said that he had to contact his manager. Their HQs didn't reply to my message and when I messaged them again, they said they didn't receive my 1st message. They now say I have no option but to keep it. My question is, having the call records, am I in a legal position to sue them? Thank you very much in advance.

It depends what you signed. If you agreed to pay for it, buyer's remorse later will not get you out of it. Likewise whether or not the generic email from the website is sufficient notice that you changed your mind (I would tend to doubt it though).

It's too late now but Kirby salesmen seem not the best to buy from.

Hello everyone. Just a few weeks ago, a Kirby salesman came home to show his "magic" vacuum. We ended up buying the vacuum because we felt it was worth it. Just 2 days later, I called the salesman to tell him I didn't want the vacuum anymore and that he had played with me. We agreed on monthly payments, however, we were charged the whole amount. Anyway, I told him I wanted to return it but he never came back or called back. When we called him he said that he didn't know we wanted to return the vacuum and that we could no longer do it because it was already one week past the 3-day return period. I had a bad feeling about this issue so, on the 2nd day of the return period I messaged the company FROM their webpage (no email proof). I told him so and he said that he had to contact his manager. Their HQs didn't reply to my message and when I messaged them again, they said they didn't receive my 1st message. They now say I have no option but to keep it. My question is, having the call records, am I in a legal position to sue them? Thank you very much in advance.

You can contact your CA attorney general's office.

Consumer Complaint Against A Business/Company | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

In the future NEVER even listen to, let alone purchase anything from a door to door peddler.

Back