Kicked my mom out of my home, Florida

Willaim1506

Hello,

My mother was living with my wife and I for 3 years. Her and my wife had a argument and disagreement on some things. I tried to sit them down and talk about it but it did not work. ..

Back in 2016, my mom offered to give me some money from the sale of her house, I never asked her for it. She called it early inheritance money. I offered to help her out in life if she ever needed anything… Hence why she was living with me.

When her and my wife had the falling out, my mom went back to our home state to stay with family for about a month, I was hoping this was help cool things off. My mom texted me a month later and said she was coming back home, I simply asked her to call and have a conversation with my wife before coming back home and that's when things went down hill. She started saying bad things about my wife, then she sent us a bill for the early inheritance money, food that SHE was voluntarily buying for our dogs, never asked her to, and she was paying $250/month in rent, again, her idea, not mine, but the bill was for over $75,000… This lead to me and her having a falling out. She then threatened to sue me for wrongful eviction and elderly abuse… Only person abusing herself was her. She drove all the way back to our home and continued to live in her car for 3 days when she had a perfectly good room here and I never said she couldn't come back home, just asked her to speak with my wife. Then she threatened to call my CEO of my company if I didn't pay her back, she tried to interfere with my wife and I getting custody of my niece and told my dad to come down here and tell me he was in desperate need of money so I would give it to him and he would In turn give it to her. They are married, but live apart… I ended up signing an agreement to pay her back the money she gifted out of fear of losing my job due to her making up some story and having me fired from a very well paying job… She was telling everyone I took all of her money and left her broke which is the farthest from the truth… This letter is not notarized and I only signed it out of fear and stress she was putting me through for 6 months, no matter how many emails I blocked, she would make another one. I'd be happy to DM anyone a copy of the letter if needed. It just simply states I would gift her money over the course of 5 years… She has since went on a major trip and bought an expensive car… when she told me she needed this money to live on. She's done nothing but spread lies about my wife and I. I even offered to go to counseling with her and my wife. When I told her she had to move out, I also offered to help her with an apartment or a house but she is a very dramatic human being who will go through whatever lengths to get her way… What type of lawyer should I be seeking with this so they can look at all my documents supporting threats to me to find out if this letter will hold up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What type of lawyer should I be seeking

If that's all you want to know, you look up attorneys in Fort Pierce, FL (your IP address). There are several resources in the following search results.

attorneys fort pierce florida at DuckDuckGo

Family law is a good bet. Maybe contracts or civil litigation. Anyway, a firm with a large number of lawyers probably has one who can handle it.

Then call up and briefly explain your situation and ask for a consultation.

Read your post out loud and time yourself. If it's more than 30 seconds, cut it down and you'll be able to read it quickly on the phone to whoever you talk to at the law firm.

Oh my do I miss my mother and father.
Alas, they've both been called home to eternal rest.
There is nothing I wouldn't have done for my parents.
My parents did everything for their children, most of all they loved us.
My parents loved, protected, nurtured, and guided me to become the person I am.

Mother, father, may you rest forever in eternal peace.
My heart will never heal until my time on this earth ends.

Oh my do I miss my mother and father.
Alas, they've both been called home to eternal rest.
There is nothing I wouldn't have done for my parents.
My parents did everything for their children, most of all they loved us.
My parents loved, protected, nurtured, and guided me to become the person I am.

Mother, father, may you rest forever in eternal peace.
My heart will never heal until my time on this earth ends.

You are fortunate to have had such parents; their memory is a blessing.

Sadly there are others with less loving and caring parents.

You are fortunate to have had such parents; their memory is a blessing.

Sadly there are others with less loving and caring parents.

We are all unique creatures.

Some of us bear a heavy burden their entire lives.

Some of us live our lives with fewer challenges.

None of us are getting out of this life alive.

I can only share that which I know and lived.

I readily reveal to all who ask, what your your children think of you as a parent?

Because my parents took the time to support, develop, encourage, nurture, and love me; I was equipped to emulate their actions on our children.

I've had this discussion with each of them.

They know how I fell about my parents.

That's how they feel about my wife and me.

Yes, my parents have been my life's largest blessing, my grandparents my second largest, and my wife my third.

I often wonder what if my parents cared nothing or very little about me.

I conclude each and every time that I'd have probably made many wrong turns with more permissive, absentee parental units.

I love(d) them all equally.

However, parents are foundational, all others are transactional, in my view.

Absent the foundation my parents helped me create and maintain, I'd probably be a soul adrift and bereft, floundering and failing.

Thankfully, life's crucible was unable to destroy me.

Back