Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders juvenile sex offender

Status
Not open for further replies.

atalley16

my son is 16 years old and we had him arrested and now he being charged with aggrevated sodomy against his younger brother who is 8 years old. Can they legally give him 25 yrs. in adult prison. he has a state appointed public defender but he is not really talking to me about the case all research is my own. my son is still a juvenille and I just wanted him to learn a lesson. Can he be adjudicated or is there any way to bring the charges down from felony to misdeminor with probation and 1 year sex offender treatment. Please reply soon.
Tuggle war Mom

I have no comment about the law itself, just adding some things for mom to think about as her focus appears to be on the older child's trouble with the law.

Have you found yet in your research where studies have proven "once a pedophile, always a pedophile"? Do you really want him to get off with such a light slap on the wrist and continue to molest your younger son? I can't imagine the social workers in your area would approve him moving back in with you.

Is your 8 year old in counseling? How does he feel about his abuser being given a light sentence vs. the one he should be given? Has your research shown you the kind of impact this horrific crime will have for the rest of your 8 year old's life? This "lesson" will forever shape the rest of your 8 year old's world. His future relationships with friends, family, & lovers will forever be defined by this "lesson". Think on that as you are working to get your 16 yr old out of trouble with the law.

You do understand that if you allow your 16 year old back into you home, that the State will likely remove your younger son from your custody?

Your eldest son is charged with an incredibly serious crime, and it is quite likely that there is a pathology at play here which needs serious treatment.

OP, what a horrible position to find yourself.

I suggest you see to it that both children get therapy and counseling.

Your oldest son has likely been molested.

You didn't know then.

Now you do.

The older boy is probably going to receive some time in juvenile custody. I hope he doesn't get adult prison.

The state will want to know what you're doing to help the little kid. He needs therapy and so do you.

As Proserpina counseled, if you choose incorrectly, you could lose both boys!!!

Seek help for all of you.

God bless.

Check with the laws of your state, but due to his juvenile status it is possible that he wouldn't be held past his 21st birthday. He would initially be in juvenile custody before transferring to adult custody at 18. How long he stays there depends on a lot of factors.

In GA certain offenses can get a juvenile aged 13-17 charged as an adult.

The offenses include: Murder, Voluntary Manslaughter, Rape, Aggravated Sodomy, Aggravated Child Molestation, Aggravated Sexual battery, and Armed Robbery With a Firearm. I can see a number of these that might apply.

Everyone needs to be involved in therapy ... now ... yesterday, actually.

FYI his lawyer can and should not talk to you - he's doing his job by not doing so. Anything he talks to you about, you can be forced to testify to - not a position you want to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back