Just a question

Unidentified1

Jurisdiction
Florida
So i went to rent a home with my family recently and im in serious need of answers and help.

So my family and i just went to rent a home now we went to a real estate company who shall remain nameless but we will call it real estate A so we get there to sign the papers for the backround check and the HOA we were told in order to take the home off the market we need to pay first months rent of $1,650.00and then we can do the back round check etc so we do so and we recive the lease to take home to look over and read and what not after handing over the $ and chit chatting about some thing we leave... As were backing out of the parking spot the property mananger that we were just meetinv with is running outside with a few papers she my wife rolled down the window to find out what she wanted to say she said hey sign this paper its for the home owners to send to HOA so my wife started to look it over but the property manager was in a very very urgent fast paced mode about her. So after she signs the paper the prop mananger leaves and so do we now a week and a half later we get a text message from property mananger #2 stateing that "we were unable to get in contact with you (due to hurricane Irma and social security holding my monitary deposit for 2 weeks caise of the hurricane) but that the landlord decided to go a different and will be keeping your 1,650.00 cause he will not be able to rent it... We still want to rent this home but our plans were pushed back 2 weeks due to hurricane irma amd ssi and on top of that the lease agreement was totally wrong my name was wrong the amount of rent was wrong the landlords phone number was wrong and more things on the lease werr incorrect. Can someone please help me amd tell me what to say or do in order to get my money back.

Thanks Adjusterjack i appreacate the reply im just trying to find out where i can go with this i mean its wrong what they did 10000% and i just kind of need help on the route i should take.. im no lawyer but i know right from wrong nd you know i thought there was somthing fishy going on when she ran out to have us sign a paper and not give us a copy of the paper???? then waiting 2 weeks to say anything to me... im not going to lay down and get robbed out of $1,650.00 like its 16 pennies

Here's the basics of Florida small claims court:

Small Claims

Your local small claims court should have forms and instructions.

Caution: You'll want to look up the exact owners of the home in the county records because you'll have to name them as defendant's along with the real estate company and people you dealt with.

Thanks Adjusterjack i appreacate the reply im just trying to find out where i can go with this i mean its wrong what they did 10000% and i just kind of need help on the route i should take.. im no lawyer but i know right from wrong nd you know i thought there was somthing fishy going on when she ran out to have us sign a paper and not give us a copy of the paper???? then waiting 2 weeks to say anything to me... im not going to lay down and get robbed out of $1,650.00 like its 16 pennies

These scammers might not be who they allege to be.

Do you know who met you?

Did you request the person to prove who he or she is, just as you were asked to do?

The scam works like this.

You meet a nice scammer, but he seems rushed.
He's not too busy to take your cash.

By the way, did you get a proper receipt?

You leave, days pass, scammer calls and says, your deposit is forfeited and offers a lie so obvious, even Stevie Wonder, or deceased Ray Charles can see it!!!!

Fast forward, that's where you are today.

Google "small claims lawsuit, YOUR COUNTY, FL"

Here's the rub, mate.

You file your papers, you can't locate your scammer.

Many are gypsies, moving every day or two.
Some are ghosts, operating in the shadows, living a life of crime.

If you can serve the rat, you'll win.
It's not your fault a horrorcane visited your state.

Good luck, hope you get your money back, mate.

These scammers might not be who they allege to be.

Do you know who met you?

Did you request the person to prove who he or she is, just as you were asked to do?

The scam works like this.

You meet a nice scammer, but he seems rushed.
He's not too busy to take your cash.

By the way, did you get a proper receipt?

You leave, days pass, scammer calls and says, your deposit is forfeited and offers a lie so obvious, even Stevie Wonder, or deceased Ray Charles can see it!!!!

Fast forward, that's where you are today.

Google "small claims lawsuit, YOUR COUNTY, FL"

Here's the rub, mate.

You file your papers, you can't locate your scammer.

Many are gypsies, moving every day or two.
Some are ghosts, operating in the shadows, living a life of crime.

If you can serve the rat, you'll win.
It's not your fault a horrorcane visited your state.

Good luck, hope you get your money back, mate.

Hey thanks for the reply.. see this company i went too is a big company and seemed reputable and the "Owner" of the home works as a vice president of a big investment banking company see the sad part is after we paid them and what not we tried gettin in contact with the people who we met with at real estate 1 and they proceed to tell us theres nothing we can do cause you signed the contract (meaning the contract that she ran outside to get us to sign) and because we were late to pick up my granddaughter it wasnt done correctly and that i admit but as far as how everything else was poorly handled and how wrong the lease was i dont feel that anyone should be able to rob anyone for ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY. These people and the real estate company that backs them is WRONG they robbing 2 retired disabled county workers. And we dont know what to do about it. Because this in turn is going to leave us homeless.

Last edited:
And we dont know what to do about it. Because this in turn is going to leave us homeless.

You have a couple outs:

Contact local media (TV, radio, newspapers) see if they will run your story and embarrass the scammers into giving you back your money

Contact city hall or county hall, see if your local elected officials will help.

Then you could contact the RED Cross or Salvation Army

FEMA has money and they are doling it out like a dude making it rain while something (could be a raccoon) works that pole, FEMA can give you EMERGENCY money very, very quickly and get you placed into housing, not a shelter

There's one more, but try these.

I think there's a winner int here for you, mate.

When you get paid, and you will, come back and let me know who laid that sweet green cheddar on you, okay?

Back