Just a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrub

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I'm having ISP problems and it is taking forever to load pages up.

Anyhoo, I live in Miller County in Missouri. I recently got fired from my job on Saturday. I am wanting to get a copy of my time card from the work computer. Is their any law that states or something along the lines that they would have to give this to me? I used to be a supervisor there and I know what usually happens when you piss off the two managers there. They'll say some big bs lie to the owner and he will knock some of your hours off and cut your pay down to minimum wage for the hours you worked. This is the reason I am trying to get this so if this happens. Bah. Anyhoo, is there a law for the time card thing and if so, could you point me to some related material on the web? Cause you writing down hours can be said it was altered. :(

Last edited:
I'm really not sure if you have a "right" to get the time card for review.... Sorry there...
I have however heard of calenders (small, pocket, whatever), that you use to keep track of your time, have been permissable as evidence b4. I would guess you would have to show that you had been keeping track of your own time for a bit tho, not just the week in question...

My advice should be taken as nothing more than a bored guy @ work, trying not to work! :)

LOL. You pretty much right. I called the Missouri Department of Labor and asked them about it. They said they do not have to give it to me as it is their property. Kind of agervated me, but the diningroom supervisor (who's only 16 and not allowed to be any part of management) was there this morning and printed my last weeks time for me. They can't edit the week before that on our system which is good. :D. So I am happy. The reason I think he did that was because he was afraid I may tell his dad that he does an illegal substance. But who knows. He could've actually been doing it out of friendship. As for now, all is good.

Now I have another question. In Missouri they can knock your pay down to $5.15 an hour with a thirty day notice or with a job depromotion. But I read on a law site for Missouri that they could only knock your pay down to what they hired you at and not any lower? Which one is right? Also, can they depromote you after they fire you to make your pay $5.15?

I also had the assit. manager sign and date a piece of paper stating that I would be promoted to a resturant supervisor paid at $7.50 an hour. This was almost two weeks before this whole incident accoured. Would this be any physical eveidence in a court room of my pay before being fired along with the copy of my last weeks time and pay?

Thanks again. :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure what law you are referring to, but there is no right that I am aware of that you are entitled to anything more than the minimum wage allowable by law. If there is evidence of discrminatory practices, usually indicated by pay discrepancies, that is a completely different story.

How large is this company? In most instances you are an at-will employee and you can be terminated at will and be rehired. Unfortunately it happens all the time where employees are fired and then rehired as consultants for several reasons, usually financial and to make a more attractive appearance to shareholders at the expense of the employees.

You need to cite a bit more about what this other site claimed regarding notice to lower wages. I would think that your wages could not be lowered retroactively, after you had performed the work. Let us know what you have.

Originally posted by Scrub
LOL. You pretty much right. I called the Missouri Department of Labor and asked them about it. They said they do not have to give it to me as it is their property. Kind of agervated me, but the diningroom supervisor (who's only 16 and not allowed to be any part of management) was there this morning and printed my last weeks time for me. They can't edit the week before that on our system which is good. :D. So I am happy. The reason I think he did that was because he was afraid I may tell his dad that he does an illegal substance. But who knows. He could've actually been doing it out of friendship. As for now, all is good.

Now I have another question. In Missouri they can knock your pay down to $5.15 an hour with a thirty day notice or with a job depromotion. But I read on a law site for Missouri that they could only knock your pay down to what they hired you at and not any lower? Which one is right? Also, can they depromote you after they fire you to make your pay $5.15?

I also had the assit. manager sign and date a piece of paper stating that I would be promoted to a resturant supervisor paid at $7.50 an hour. This was almost two weeks before this whole incident accoured. Would this be any physical eveidence in a court room of my pay before being fired along with the copy of my last weeks time and pay?

Thanks again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back