Judgment

Status
Not open for further replies.

babieduc13

My husband and I rented a home in Va,before we were married, when we married we were relocated because of his job. I explained to the landlord and gave him 2 months notice, he said that was fine..as long as I attempted to find another renter for the house..I attempted with no luck. I called and they said that they would apply my deposit to the last months rent and call it good.I cleaned the house from top to bottom,had the carpets professionaly cleaned,and even left my washer and dryer.(in wonderful shape,and working)..we move,get to Ga attempt to run our credit to buy his grandmothers home and it shows a judgement for Rent! My husband calls the agent and they say we dont recall that conversation with you or your wife,when we asked where the supena for the court date was sent he said to the house, my husband asked why it wasnt sent to the fowarding address we gave, and why the deposit wasnt applied, he stated that he doesnt have to apply it to rent owed,so we asked him for it back,then he tried to say well you owed for another month or you were late..Ugh.he also admitted he had our fowarding address. Now we have a judgement,we have NEVER had one of these, he is a true slum lord.Is there anything we can do?

My husband and I rented a home in Va,before we were married, when we married we were relocated because of his job. I explained to the landlord and gave him 2 months notice, he said that was fine..as long as I attempted to find another renter for the house..I attempted with no luck. I called and they said that they would apply my deposit to the last months rent and call it good.I cleaned the house from top to bottom,had the carpets professionaly cleaned,and even left my washer and dryer.(in wonderful shape,and working)..we move,get to Ga attempt to run our credit to buy his grandmothers home and it shows a judgement for Rent! My husband calls the agent and they say we dont recall that conversation with you or your wife,when we asked where the supena for the court date was sent he said to the house, my husband asked why it wasnt sent to the fowarding address we gave, and why the deposit wasnt applied, he stated that he doesnt have to apply it to rent owed,so we asked him for it back,then he tried to say well you owed for another month or you were late..Ugh.he also admitted he had our fowarding address. Now we have a judgement,we have NEVER had one of these, he is a true slum lord.Is there anything we can do?

You can do something.
It'll cost you a lot of money to hire a lawyer to try and fix it.
You should always get any promises in writing.
Your former LL screwed you.

Yes he did..And I explained how very crooked it was of him, he did send me a note saying that if I paid the balance in full that he would have the judgement removed.But thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back