Credit Cards, Rating, Repair judgment from discover bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksg1980

I have a judgment from May 2007 from Discover Bank for almost $6000. I am currently trying to buy a house and that judgment is the only thing thats stopping me from getting a mortgage. Other than it my credit report looks good. So my question is do I try and pay off the judgment or do I wait and see if it comes off of my credit report? I've also read about companies that have lawyers that "fix" credit and am tempted to try one but I don't know whether that's the best thing or not. Bottom line - I made some huge mistakes financially when I was younger and now I'm paying the price. I want a house. I have my life together. I have a career which provides a good income. I just can't do what I want to do because of this judgment. Please help!!!!!!

Credit "fixers" are SCAMMERS.

I suggest you investigate when the judgment will age off.

You can inquire of the credit bureau.

However, many judgments are renewed and don't just disappear.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

If there is already a judgment you are pretty much hosed. Unlike negative credit marks that expire automatically, judgments can be renewed and follow you a very long time.
You may need to contact Discover or the agency that now owns the debt and see about negotiating a settlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back