judges rulings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ggal120

On wednesday my daughter went to court for child support which she has done since november to try and collect child support on a regular basis plus the support which he is in the rears for which is now over 5 thousand dollars. he did not show up so the judge insured an arrest warrant out for him and the arrest would be done when he came into court the next day for custody hearing. he did show up and before custody was heard they brought up the issue of the arrest warrant that the judge put out the day before. the judge for custody for some reason told him this is your lucky day you are not going to be arrested and was able to take my grandaughter for visitation. i thought child support and custody are totally separate things. and neither one can be brought up while in court for the other. now could this judge rule this and set another date for child support. what am i missing here. and why does the court allow him to continue getting away with non payment of child support and be allowed to take her etc. two different judges for child support and custody and my daughter could not ask question of what is going on and she has a court appointed lawyer. please try to explain the court system to me. and what happened in court yesterday. i am very confused.

There could be a variety of reasons why he was not arrested. CS and visitation are 2 different things though so the judge thought it was in the childs best interest to see their father, which it probably is.

Was the child there? That could also be the reason why the judge decided not to have him arrested.

If one does not have anything to do with the other then the judge does not have to have him arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back