Judges 17 year old Daughter wrecks our vehicle and lied about replacement

Jennifer Harper

Jurisdiction
Florida
My 17 year old son allowed an un-named 17 year old girl (who only has a learners permit) drive our truck down her street. She lost control of the truck and rammed it into her house. The home has $1,700 damage done to it. Since she was unlicensed and drove recklessly, she would have been charged. She is the daughter of a local county judge and local family law attorney. The parents asked us to not call the police and handle it on our own. The wife said she would replace the truck. They assured us. After a month of being jerked around, father/judge finally told us that they will not hold their word because the wife had a change of heart. I called the police department and was told the offense was too long ago to have her sited in the accident. I know that us getting an attorney isn't worth it. We will lose considering who we are against. I spoke to the wife today, and it seemed as though she may be willing to do a little something, but is broke. The way I see it is this......... The daughter and parents will get off without having any criminal charges or paying for any of the damages that she caused to our vehicle. This doesn't sit well with us because we trusted them and held them to higher standards since they are community servants. Our truck is totalled. To replace it, the cost would be just over $5,000. If we look at KBB.com trade-in values, it is worth only $3,400. Since we were tricked and lied to, I think they should be accountable for holding to high standards. Judges shouldn't be lying to prevent their daughter legal discipline by telling someone they would take care of it. Where can I report their mis-conduct? I know we have a local Facebook page called real news real fast. I can get it blasted all over Facebook just by having a police report filed. What other ways can I have them held accountable? Who do judges report to? I've accepted the fact that they lied to us for a month and won't get a penny. To me, this is BULLY behavior. Just looking for places to educate people on how attorneys and Judges conduct themselves in the public. Their names are being withheld for the moment.

Yeah, put it on facebook and get sued for defamation. Incredibly bad idea.

If you aren't willing to sue and get a court to say you are right, then keep your online mouth shut because all you have is unsubstantiated allegations that can bring you more trouble than you already have.

This is nobody's fault but your own for not calling the police to the scene immediately.

Actually, it's your son's fault for being stupid about letting the girl drive the truck.

If it was my kid, he wouldn't be driving anything until he paid for the truck.

And if it's worth so much money to replace why didn't you have collision insurance?

Was there any insurance on the vehicle?

Back