Judge won't grant divorce due to unexpected pregnancy with boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbrak

I was getting a simple divorce based on the grounds of 1 year separation. I go to the first hearing, I made a filing mistake so I had to fix it. I'm fine with that. Second hearing comes about, my husband and I both attend ready to finally settle this. The judge asks if I'm pregnant and I say "yes" not thinking it'll effect anything as it isn't my husband's child, and all 3 parties involved know this(myself, husband, and boyfriend). My husband and I both state this to the judge, that this child is not his, yet the judge refuses to grant the divorce, and instead continues it, and tells me to hire a lawyer. How is this fair? I wasn't pregnant when I filed, I wasn't pregnant at the first hearing. I haven't been with my husband for over a year and a half, and no one is contesting this.

What kind of papers can I/could I file to get this process sped up? My husband is willing to say the child isn't his in writing if we can just find the right form, and my boyfriend is willing to do the same and say the child is his. He's also willing to testify as such in a courtroom if the judge will hear him out. I just don't know if I should schedule a 3rd hearing and try to get the judge to hear all 3 of us out, or what our best option is.

Please help, my husband and I are pretty amicable and don't want to involve spending eachother's money on a lawyer if this can be solved on our own. Were not lazy were willing to file the papers and go through what needs to be done, we just need some guidance. My boyfriend is also really supportive. All 3 parties just want this divorce to be final, so we can all move on. What should we do?

You're going to have to wait, by statute.

I'm sorry - but that's just how it's going to play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back