Judge Relieved All of My husbands Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

elo404

I'll say this as quick as possible- My X husband was over 26,000 behind in child support. After years of him promising he would get better it never happened. I finally threated to call DHR and have a wage deduction- which was obviously the wrong thing to do....This past summer he called DFACs on me claiming I was a drug abuser etc. I was quite humiliated but I went and took their drug test and of course passed. My X conjured up this little fiasco so that he could file for temporary custody claiming I was a drug abuser and even though I showed him the drug test he and his attorney went withoout notifying me and showed the judge that DFACS had a file on me and that was all it took for him. They took my boys away from me for a week I thought I would die. Finally the judge who signed the order came back from his fishing trip and released the custody back to me. However my X is still playing this up with DFACS (even after I received an apology letter from them) so he files for custody. In a nutshell he is going to get them 1/2 of the summers which is fine he does at least ttreat the kids well but the shocker I hope someone can help me with is he erased all of his arrearages in child support and what really pisses me off is he went over 4 years without paying and I am paing him for 1/2 the summer As I understand it a court doesn't recognize an agreement (which is what he is saying we had nono)made between two parties unless it came trough the court ssystem I feel like our lawyers just gave deadbeat dads a good way to wreck moms life and erase is debts. But over all I feel great! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back