joking turns into termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

valgirl1984

my fiance was joking with a co-worker and touched the person on the top of their head, the other person then nudged him back. they were both joking. a supervisor that saw it would say they were joking. the person that nudged back told on my fiance and he ended up getting terminated. now we find out that that person said my fiance slapped him, which he didn't. the business agent said he wouldn't win his case because he hasn't worked there long enough (a month shy of 2yrs) and the other guy was still too upset. now the business agents boss (president of the union) won't return any phone calls. (we have been trying to call him for a week and a half). is it unfair that my fiance get terminated? he has never gotten in trouble before (no verbals or writtens). the first time he does something "wrong" he gets fired. and the other guy gets off scott free.

Your fiance could have legally been terminated for that action, or wearing blue shoes, or for it being Friday, or for any other reason not specifically prohibited by law.

There is no law saying the other guy had to be terminated too.

Sorry, but nothing illegal happened here.

However, if he is a union member he needs to speak with his union representative anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back