joint ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lori0711

i have joint ownership on a jeep with my ex boyfriend he is refusing to give me anything towards this vehicle. He says because his name is first on the registration i have no rights to it. I put all the money into the vehicle,he has put nothing into it. he took vehicle. can i legally go get it?Or how do i collect my money from him that i have invested into it?

i have joint ownership on a jeep with my ex boyfriend he is refusing to give me anything towards this vehicle. He says because his name is first on the registration i have no rights to it. I put all the money into the vehicle,he has put nothing into it. he took vehicle. can i legally go get it?Or how do i collect my money from him that i have invested into it?

Yes, you can take it back.

He can take it back from you.

You own it EQUALLY.

I suggest you negotiate.

Barring a voluntary resolution, ONLY a court can force either of you to do anything.

Whose name(s) are on the title? If both, is there an AND or OR between the names? Thanks.

You are both co-owners. Army Judge is 100% correct. You can " steal " it from him and he from you. Neither of you owns more thn 50% of the jeep. Until one of you buys the other person out or you go to court $$ to have a judge force the issue , you will remain the owner of 1/2 of a Jeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back