JIffy Lube Damaged My Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfusiongod

Took my truck for syntheitc oil change, air filter change and new wipers. They drove my truck in, did the service... drove truck to font to put wipers on outside, then drove around back. I got in my vehicle and front seat had a tear in the front driver leather seat. I immediately went in to talk to Manager. He said that district supervisor would contact me to discuss resolution. He never did so I tracked him down. They assigned some flunky to my issue. We exchanged emails for about 2 weeks then they said they reviewed security cam and cannot see anything in pocket of mechanic so refuse to pay for damages. I should add all the mechanics looked like jailbird kids.. and they sang and goofed around teh entire time, very unprofessional. SO they sent me the photos from their camera. They are all from inside the shop and from far away up high, probably 20+ feet away. No pictures from outside, even though much of the service was performed outside. I have contacted Jiffy Lube Corporate. They have contacted franchise owner, but said there is not much they can do. I have contacted Better Business Bureau, still waiting for response. Small claims court costs $175 to file. Should I take this action??? Do you think a judge would rule in my favor or is it just my word against theirs? Can I expect to get court cost fees in claim?? Can you suggest other actions??

Small claims court is about your only option. If you win they will pay your court fees. If you lose you will pay. There is very little way to know how it will turn out. You have a 50+1 burden of proof. I think you have a reasonable chance of winning.

The real question is how much would it cost you to repair the damage. If it is under $200 do you think it is worth $175 to go after $200?

You should also request a copy of their video, or at least go in to view it yourself. They aren't likely to pay up willingly, but if you file a claim they may pony up the cost.... probably cheaper to just pay you then to deal with legal costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back