Issues with my Aunt

D

Desperate in Mass

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
Every couple months or so my aunt, leaves harassing voicemails to myself and sometimes my mother where she will say things that are just over the top and plain mean. I haven't spoken with her in over ten years, since she never visits and lives thousands of miles away. My mother used to speak with her over the phone regularly until about a year or so ago when she started acting "crazy." Since then every couples months, as of lately regularly every month she calls me and leaves voicemails. Even when I block her number she calls from a new one. Is there any legal action I can do against her to keep her from calling me? I just feel like that has to be some sort of harassment.

Every couple months or so my aunt, leaves harassing voicemails to myself and sometimes my mother where she will say things that are just over the top and plain mean. I haven't spoken with her in over ten years, since she never visits and lives thousands of miles away. My mother used to speak with her over the phone regularly until about a year or so ago when she started acting "crazy." Since then every couples months, as of lately regularly every month she calls me and leaves voicemails. Even when I block her number she calls from a new one. Is there any legal action I can do against her to keep her from calling me? I just feel like that has to be some sort of harassment.

Yes, the solution is very easy.

There's no way a court in XXXX state can restrain what this whack job does in YYYY state.

The easiest solution is change your telephone number.
Once you change it, be very careful who you let in your secret.
It'll cost you around twenty five bucks.
That's very cheap to keep the nut job from annoying you.

Agree, the simple solution would be to change your phone #(s).

Or, just delete the message as soon as you hear her voice.

If this is new behavior, bring it to the attention of a closer family member. She may need medical help. Getting treatment may solve the problem.

Back