Is this Slander/Libel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt55

A while ago, I called into a BlogTV internet show and I talked with several people. One of which goes by the name of 'dprjones'.

We talked for a while, and he asked me if I wanted to donate to some charity event thing that he was hosting or something along those lines. My parents don't often make money transfer across the internet and they don't want me doing it. I was a bit skeptical, but I didn't want to be making any 'donation promises'. He kept on asking me if I would donate, and that was a bit suspicious in my opinion because I've never seen anyone do that.

A bit later I said "well it depends on how much money actually goes to the charity and how much money you get out of it". Another person then said that I was accusing dprjones. After the show, some people have said that I was slandering him. Now my question is: IS THIS SLANDER/LIBEL/DEFAMATION?

***IMPORTANT***
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7U5apBzgpQ
SKIP TO 21:24 AND JUST LISTEN FOR 1-2 MINUTES PLEASE.

We talked about alot of stuff during this entire 30 minute show, so I advise you to skip to 21:24 if you just want to hear the main part. I am the person with the Australian accent, 'dprjones' is the person asking me if I wanted to donate.

Feel free to listen to the entire video though if you think I'm taking it out of context.

God Bless you all, and I await to hear your responses!

No, you didn't slander "jones".

Slander is the oral transmission of statements that are false which injure, harm, or damage the reputation and/or standing of another person.

But, you're intent on building that post count, aren't you? I think the "mods" might be disturbed by your actions.

I suspect the previous posts by OP were done to allow him to put a link in his thread.

So, matt55, please go back and delete all the other posts to save us some time in reporting and deleting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back