IS this Legal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaro436

Hi,

I am soon going to out of work do to the ending of our Center's contract.

I have been looking within the company for a new position at HR's urging.
I just found out that there was a position open in HR for Admin. Assistant where I am currently employed. I immeditately went to HR to tell them of my interest and they told me the job was filled.

The job was never posted for internal employees to be given a chance ahead of external candidates.

Is this legal??? I was quite upset when I found I was never given the chance to apply.

Thanks,
Shirley

How can that be? When we've always been told job opening have to be posted within the company to give everyone fair consideration.

it might be a company policy issue, if the policy for your employer is to post so all can apply, and that is a written policy, then i would ask why hr, of all folks, doesn't follow company policy

Hi,

I just wrote to our HR representative and asked:
What exactly is company policy on this issue and is it in writing? Is it not EDC's policy to post all job openings for all to see and apply for?

We'll see what he has to say. Thanks for the advice.

Are you sure you want to make waves at your employers? Furthermore there is no law that forces an employer to enforce thier own policy unless its part of a cba or employment contract

I did begin the e-mail with a statement of apology for appearing snippy. I know the person I'm am writing to. Besides my being snippy is not at all what most people would consider snippy because I'm usually smiling.

I'm not worried. Besides I feel it shows I will stand for what's right, but not at all in a threatening way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back