Is this harassment and what should I do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasR09

I have worked at a company for over a year and I am basically being teased about a phobia I have. During the job interview I informed the office manager and the supervisor that I had a phobia of glitter and being wrote on. They said it shouldn't be a problem and I was hired. I've been working here for over a year and I have had more than 5 occasions where two or three of the employees would come into my office and purposely corner me and write on me and/or spray glitter on me. When this does happen, I immediately go to the rest room and wash where I was sprayed or wrote on to the point I start bleeding or I bruise and the rest of the time that day I can't work well because I'm anxious and nervous. I have hinted to the owner and office manager about it bothering me every time the employees do it but so far nothing has changed. I am going to have a meeting Monday with the office manager. What I want to know is, can I already file for harassment since this issue was brought up to the manager during my interview and they purposely told everyone and since then I have been messed with and already physical harm was caused by doing it?

This is not illegal harrassment. It is a bunch of adults acting like children. Obviously the hint didn't work. Tell all of them to knock it off and quit acting like 6 year-olds.

I have been reading the Protection of Harassment Act of 1997. Part 4 clearly says "A person whose course of conduct causes another to fear, on at least two occasions, that violence will be used against him is guilty of an offence if he knows or ought to know that his course of conduct will cause the other so to fear on each of those occasions." So, i guess I should reword. I know this is harassment. I just want to know what to do next.

Or contact EEOC. If your phobia is a documented disability, EEOC may investigate in regards to disability harassment.

I need to go back to this. This is not assault. This is you with a MAJOR major problem if you are scrubbing to the point of bleeding or bruising. You need psychiatric help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back