Is this considered harasment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I live in a company apartment and my boss thinks that I have someone living with me (boyfriend) without having permission for this, which i don't. So instead of he scheduling a apartment inspection, he told his assistant, who then told me, to spy on me and drive my place and take pictures of when he sees my boyfriend here or my boyfriends vehicle because he is not fond of my boyfriend. I honestly feel harassed by him, my question is, if i file a complaint with HR or his boss is this a valid charge and what can I do?

You could choose to vacate the company supplied apartment.
That way, you could befriend whomever you desire.
Your boss would have no reason to try to spy on your privately funded apartment.
Or, you could find another employer.
In the interim, I suggest you adhere to the rules regarding your company funded living arrangement.

I live in a company apartment and my boss thinks that I have someone living with me (boyfriend) without having permission for this, which i don't. So instead of he scheduling a apartment inspection, he told his assistant, who then told me, to spy on me and drive my place and take pictures of when he sees my boyfriend here or my boyfriends vehicle because he is not fond of my boyfriend. I honestly feel harassed by him, my question is, if i file a complaint with HR or his boss is this a valid charge and what can I do?

Quick question. Does your boyfriend stay overnight at all? If so, how many nights?

Your company owns the apartment. They have every right and even an obligation to monitor what goes on there. If they were entering the apartment, it could be an issue but driving by it is totally and completely legal. If they want to restrict tenents and guests, they may do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back