Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Is this A SCAM? need help ASAP

kris344

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I was a dating site then i chat with a lady who was 18 on the profile it say then we gave me her number to text her we were texting and she started sending explicts pictures after i asked how her day was she told me we worked out then she demanded one from me i was reluctant at first but then i sent one then she told me she was 17 i was mad and scared for my life so i stopped talking to her and the next day i got a call from impd detective i forgot what his name was that i was involved in sexting a minor that her father hasnt pressed charges he gave me her father number to call which i didnt but right after the dectective her father called me saying her wife wants to press charges that i need counselling and need to pay for a phone cancellation bill ($1750) i completed the counselling and then pay 300 through western union to a janean johnson who claim to be the wife of Mr Elizha Rivera i later asked him for the detective in charge of the case of one Mr D smith i tried to contact him but no answers. then i get a text from Mr Rivera saying he going to send the cops to my house if i didnt comply with what him and his wife argeed on me and they told me i could make payement plans but i came arcoss a story about a scam on pOf with many similar story so i need help what do i do i checked with the local law enforcement about a case filed against me it returned as nothing the so called MR elizha calls from a florida number voip and the wife janean johnson calls from a north carolina number

All you have to do is Google "scams involving explicit photos of underage girls" to see that this is a scam. Sounds like it's a pretty effective one, by the number of people you can read about online who, like you, have given money to the scammers.

Thanks but he mentioned my address and said he bringing the cops

I agree that it's a scam, obviously so since money was demanded.

But if the cops do come to your door, keep your mouth shut and invoke your right to an attorney.

Watch these two videos. Watch them carefully:

Then buy the book from Amazon.

I was a dating site then i chat with a lady who was 18 on the profile it say then we gave me her number to text her we were texting and she started sending explicts pictures after i asked how her day was she told me we worked out then she demanded one from me i was reluctant at first but then i sent one then she told me she was 17 i was mad and scared for my life so i stopped talking to her and the next day i got a call from impd detective i forgot what his name was that i was involved in sexting a minor that her father hasnt pressed charges he gave me her father number to call which i didnt but right after the dectective her father called me saying her wife wants to press charges that i need counselling and need to pay for a phone cancellation bill ($1750) i completed the counselling and then pay 300 through western union to a janean johnson who claim to be the wife of Mr Elizha Rivera i later asked him for the detective in charge of the case of one Mr D smith i tried to contact him but no answers. then i get a text from Mr Rivera saying he going to send the cops to my house if i didnt comply with what him and his wife argeed on me and they told me i could make payement plans but i came arcoss a story about a scam on pOf with many similar story so i need help what do i do i checked with the local law enforcement about a case filed against me it returned as nothing the so called MR elizha calls from a florida number voip and the wife janean johnson calls from a north carolina number

That wasn't just a SCAM, buddy, that has to be th McDADDY of all SCAMS.

Stay off of those sites, especially PoF which doesn't mean Plenty of Fish, it means Plenty of Fools.

So, how much of your money did you give that scammer, mate?

Stay off of those sites, especially PoF which doesn't mean Plenty of Fish, it means Plenty of Fools.

Judge, you're a riot.

First Craigslist, now Plenty of Fish, my two favorite sites.

Although, at my age, the women I meet aren't likely to be young scammers in disguise. LOL.

Judge, you're a riot.

First Craigslist, now Plenty of Fish, my two favorite sites.

Although, at my age, the women I meet aren't likely to be young scammers in disguise. LOL.

I try to amuse and inform, my friend, I'm just a very careful fellow in life.

I see what harm can come to adventurous souls, besides, I've had my share of thrills.

LOL

I'm trying to hang around in one piece for a few more years, while not contracting any scary diseases. LOL

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

As far as your post, to the extent I could follow what you wrote, it appears to have been an obvious scam. Stop communicating with these folks, block their numbers, and don't send dick pics to anyone - ever.

Texting that he filed a warrant for your arrest and actually having a warrant for your arrest are not the same thing. It's up to the prosecutor whether to issue a warrant, not the guy who's scamming money out of you.

Now zip up your pants, put the camera away, don't accept explicit pictures from anyone you've never met in person and don't send pictures of your junk to anyone you've never met in person either. Believe me, it's just not that special - there are far fewer people out there who care to see it than you evidently imagine.

If by "he" you mean the guy who is scamming you by saying he was the father of the girl you were sexting, he can't "file a warrant for your arrest". He (IF he were really the father of an underage girl he caught you sexting, and not a scammer extorting money from you) could make a complaint, but a judge would have to find probable cause to issue a warrant for your arrest to an officer who was authorized to actually carry out the arrest.

You already said you checked with local law enforcement and they turned up nothing, so for goodness sake, block him on your phone and stop communicating with these people all together!

There is no law enforcement agency ANYWHERE across this vast nation that sends text messages to subjects to alert the subject to the fact that a warrant has been issued for him or her.

There is no law enforcement agency in the great nation that lawfully extorts money from suspects allowing the suspect to buy her or his way out of criminal trouble.

The criminal laws of this country and its 50 states, unlike other nations on our little planet, do NOT permit criminal defendants to buy themselves out of a legal pickle.

Law enforcement agencies all across this country may establish a social media presence, but do not use social media to warn suspects or arrange for suspects to surrender via social messaging.

My grandfather would regularly warn me about the dangers of committing criminal or embarrassing acts.

Using a simple admonishment, Grandpa would say, "Boy, walking the straight and narrow is easier than trying to get off the crooked and wide."

Thanks.. he texted he saying he filed a warrant for my arrest

That is an obvious indicator that you are still being scammed. Ignore them. Block the numbers. Don't answer the phone. Don't reply in any way. Doing these things will only keep them focused on you, their mark.

Alright i got it just feeding you guys on the update sadly to say i dont understand the procedure of the law im in a different career field which doesnt give any excuse not to lnow my rights and this has shed light in me knowing alittle bit about the criminal justice system i thank you all for the support who ever you may be i appreciate the help

So I was actually relieved to run across this.. so completely done with online dating. Janean and Mr Rivera have been busy.. exact same scam the above user mentioned.

Blocking all contact from either of them.. I assume the best course of action is to simply ignore them and never make this mistake again?

Thanks for all the previous replies, by the way.. I've been an anxious mess.

Last edited:
So I was actually relieved to run across this - unfortunately I did get scammed, fortunately it was not for a lot of money and I found this before I gave them anymore. This time it was OKCupid.. so completely done with online dating. Janean and Mr Rivera have been busy.. exact same scam the above user mentioned.

Blocking all contact from either of them.. I assume the best course of action is to simply ignore them and never make this mistake again?

Thanks for all the previous replies, by the way.. I've been an anxious mess.

Be careful.

Online dating is okay for some, just don't give or loan anyone MONEY, that's when the SCAM alert should sound in your head.

Be careful.

Online dating is okay for some, just don't give or loan anyone MONEY, that's when the SCAM alert should sound in your head.

I just absolutely freaked out when I was under the impression that I might have actually been talking to a minor.. I'm just relieved more than anything. It was the same scam OP mentioned.. profile said 21, she starts sending explicit photos and suddenly she's only 17?

I should have been skeptical right away.. but multiple lessons learned.

Back