Is this a form of harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

justwondering

I have a supervisor that any time I disagree with him about anything - no matter how minuscule - I get taken to my supervisor's supervisor. Usually my supervisor end up looking like a complete buffoon. Yesterday, I disagreed with him about an issue and I told him that it "hacked me off". Now I am being taken to his supervisor because of this . . . . . I feel like every move I make is watched. Every day I take off is checked and double checked. I get reminded of how many leave days I have whenever I submit paperwork to take personal leave. I get reminded to bring a doctor's excuse when I got to a doctor's appointment . . . . it is just this kind of stuff. There is a girl in our department that has not worked a full week since she started, but never gets asked about anything . . . . . . . I am just looking for some advise, hopefully before I go to meet with my supervisor's supervisor again later this week (just got the e-mail) . .. . .

You have a choice here. You can either put up with it, or find another job.

It's not illegal to be a lousy boss.

On the basis of what you have posted, this is not any kind of illegal harassment. It is not outside the realm of possibility (not definite, but possible) that additional information would change the answer.

No coaching from the peanut gallery. :D If you had to guess, why do you think you are being treated this way? What is your supervisor's reasoning?

Oh shoot, I wanted to coach from the peanut gallery. Agree that based on just the information we have, it is not illegal harassment.

Please answer cbg's questions & we should be able to give you more of a definite answer.

I think it is insecurity - we both teach in the medical field - He worked in the field for 3 years before starting to teach, where I spent 14 - and still work in the field. The students love me and hate him. I am asked to do a lot of other things by outside companies because of my experience and because I have a lot of contacts that I made before moving into the academic arena. I believe that it is just jealously.

Here is the answer - a company in are field - where I still work part time - asked me to come and teach a class for them. My supervisor - who is also an instructor in the same discipline - wanted to go and teach as well. I asked the company, and they said "we would rather not have the supervisor, just employees". I did not share this with my supervisor, because he already has a chip on his shoulder against this company. I went and taught the class, and when I came back I was met with hostility and having work with unrealistic deadlines placed on me. I realize that I can quit and walk away from this . . . . but I think about our students, and how I can help them help other people . . . . . . he is just a putz.

Here is the answer - a company in are field - where I still work part time - asked me to come and teach a class for them. My supervisor - who is also an instructor in the same discipline - wanted to go and teach as well. I asked the company, and they said "we would rather not have the supervisor, just employees". I did not share this with my supervisor, because he already has a chip on his shoulder against this company. I went and taught the class, and when I came back I was met with hostility and having work with unrealistic deadlines placed on me. I realize that I can quit and walk away from this . . . . but I think about our students, and how I can help them help other people . . . . . . he is just a putz.

He may be all that and more, but you're in his charge.

No one cares what you think, his opinion and presence they value.

He could be satisfying someone's perverted desires, too.

Whatever, he's yor boss, and if you value your job, you'll behave yourself.

One of these times, you say be told, "Thsnk you, but we no longer require your services."

By the way, that's all it takes, no warning, no two weeks notice, just get to getting!!

Tread carefully, grasshopper.

It was worth a try, but the additional information you've provided still does not suggest any kind of illegal harassment. Sorry.

Agree, sorry but info does not meet the definition of illegal harassment.

Proserpina;193537}Did someone dip into the eggnog a bit early? :D[/QUOTE said:
Oh that reminds me. I need to buy some eggnog. Since I don't drink beer/liquor, I generally have eggnog available for the holidays.

Sometimes a bad boss is just a bad boss. Jealousy isn't illegal. If it is really as bad as you say and he ends up looking like the fool, his boss will get tired of these meetings. You can either wait for that day, or start looking for another job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back