Is the Vet. liable for bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatabubs

I had an unfortunate incident with my dog back in April. She bit the neighbor boy and had to be confined for 10 days. When we took her to the vet she was fine. When we picked her up she was skin and bones. That night she was vomiting all over and had diarrhea. The next day she spiked a 107 fever. I took her to my normal vet and he hooked her up to IV's and she made it through that night but passed the following night in her sleep. Is the clinic where she was staying while in confinement liable for the bill? She was at the Dixon vet hospital when this happened and I took her to the Ashton vet clinic and that is where she died.

Please help me! I don't know if I should pursue this or not. I loved that dog almost as much as my own kids! She helped me through a lot of hard times. People laugh about my pain because "she's just a dog" but she was my dog and I loved her so much!

All I want is for the Dixon vet hospital to help pay all, or even some, of the bill.

If you can prove to the judge that your dog was skin and bones due to negligence from the vet and not due to her refusal to eat due to her emotional distress, then you can go ahead and try to recover some of the amounts of the bill. Make sure you have witnesses and that you have enough evidence to prove your case. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back